Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

New relationship... birthday

(9 Posts)
AmaraSas Thu 12-Oct-17 22:49:31

I have met a new guy, been on a couple of dates and planned to cook for him on saturday night. Just found out its his birthday on Saturday, with this being only our third date i think its a bit much to get him a gift, but i have settled on replacing the planned dessert with a cake with a single candle. I really like this guy and it seems to be mutual, so dont want to scare him by being overzealous, do you think my plans are ok, or too much? Sorry this is my first time dating in years, and the last time i was much younger, kinda looking for reassurance i think

Thefutureisbright2017 Thu 12-Oct-17 22:56:44

Sounds perfect 👌special wee cupcake with a candle

IwantLEGO Thu 12-Oct-17 23:04:48

Sounds great to me.

scottishdiem Thu 12-Oct-17 23:05:11

Excellent idea.

And find out if he likes birthday cards. Fuck me, the number of problems that can cause down the line with mismatched understanding about cards.....

Biscuitsbathroom Thu 12-Oct-17 23:07:47

Sounds perfect! And he must be keen if he's spending a Saturday birthday with you smile

LuckLuckLUCK Thu 12-Oct-17 23:18:43

I'd get a bottle of champagne too. Not as a present or anything, just to make it a bit more special.

AmaraSas Thu 12-Oct-17 23:23:45

Champagne is a brilliant idea. Thank you

Worriedrose Thu 12-Oct-17 23:51:39

Oh that's so sweet he's going to spend it with you!!!! Am excited on your behalf

Aquamarine1029 Fri 13-Oct-17 00:06:43

Sounds like a wonderful night! Personally, I would get him a gift just because I like to make people feel special on their birthday regardless of the relationship. I hope you have a great evening! Yay for champagne!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: