Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does anyone else get this annoyed with OH?

(10 Posts)
imdonein Wed 11-Oct-17 22:29:54

I’m so pissed off at my OH.
Apologies but I need a rant...,.
Tonight he has to fill in forms for our house sale and so turns into a full scale twat. He’s irritable, abrupt, rude, impatient, obnoxious and shouting questions upstairs whilst I’m trying to put the baby down for the night. I ignore him as I’m not shouting the reply back down - obviously this will wake DS.
He then responds as if he’s McEnroe ‘ANSWER THE QUESTION YOU DRIP’. This enraged me and I then end up shouting back that he is a ‘fucking idiot’. Luckily DS doesn’t wake up!
I ignore OH and answer any further questions to the house sale with 1 word answers. He then proceeds to tut and eye roll at me.
He’s now trying to carry on with the evening as if nothings happened.
I point out to him his behaviour is appalling and I’m told that all he was doing was asking a question. I’m told “as usual my tiny pea brain can’t deal with anything”.
I’m just so so so annoyed that he can’t self reflect and acknowledge that he was being a bit of a dick.
He may have had a long day at work but so have I and I would like to try and end my working day quickly i.e getting baby to sleep!!!!!

I was fuming when it happened and now again but even more so after trying to point out his twattiness!! I’m crying from anger. Does anyone get this annoyed with their OH?

Princesspinkgirl Wed 11-Oct-17 22:51:09

Your oh was out of order sure he could have waited 20 mins I'd be annoyed to

Heratnumber7 Wed 11-Oct-17 23:01:02

Why don’t you do the forms while he puts the baby down?

imdonein Wed 11-Oct-17 23:06:07

I always end up the bad guy though because I react. Now he’s in the huff with me because I shouted at him - FFS!!angry

KarateKitten Wed 11-Oct-17 23:09:03

He called you a drip and said you have a pea brain. I would not be with this man.

Alittlepotofrosie Wed 11-Oct-17 23:17:25

Youre a drip and he's a fucking idiot. What a lovely family environment for your child to grow up in.

tigercub50 Wed 11-Oct-17 23:25:07

I was about to say something similar - he was very rude but you calling him an f- ing idiot was as bad. DH & I used to get a bit like this (without the name calling) from lack of communication. Did he know what you were doing upstairs? Also, are you both stressed because of the move?

tigercub50 Wed 11-Oct-17 23:27:26

And presumably he “ couldn’t deal with anything” either as he kept asking you questions, so that was a bit rich!

butterfly56 Wed 11-Oct-17 23:46:39

He's an arrogant arsehole and a fucking idiot as you so rightly put it!
You need to record him when he is ranting like that so that he can hear or see how awful he is.
If he blames you for everything and is always so abusive then you are going to struggle in this imbalanced relationship.

Pearly70 Wed 11-Oct-17 23:57:55

Typical man behaviour.. They always think that what they're doing is far more important than what you're doing! I always have to stop whatever job I'm doing when he calls me, to go see what he wants, drives me crazy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now