Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

is this an okay reply to refuse a date offer?

(11 Posts)
PeppyPiggy Wed 11-Oct-17 20:45:20

sorry if this seems a dumb question but I am very unassertive and I haven't been asked on a date for forever so I'm not sure how to reply to this guy. He came over today to do some work in my new flat and we were both talking about our kids and the situations with our exes.. He did ask me if I was single and I said yes but nothing more, we were chatting about lots. Anyway, no idea how he got my number!! But he's texted me half an hour ago with a really sweet message asking for drinks. Not really feeling it, so what do I say? I was thinking of saying something like thank you, it was nice to meet you but I'm not really looking for that kind of thing at the moment? Is that good?

Silvereyes Wed 11-Oct-17 20:48:26

That's a perfect response, but it is a little worrying as to how he has your phone number.

Farontothemaddingcrowd Wed 11-Oct-17 20:48:59

I think that sounds good. Though at the moment leaves it open. He might think he can change your mind. What about just 'thanks it was lovely to meet you, but I'm not looking to date.'

Offred Wed 11-Oct-17 20:49:33

Yeah that’s a fine response but honestly given he’s somehow got your number without you giving it to him you don’t actually owe him any reply! Cheeky fucker...

Farontothemaddingcrowd Wed 11-Oct-17 20:49:42

Yes just saw that you didnt give him your number. In that case I wouldn't reply.

PeppyPiggy Wed 11-Oct-17 20:49:48

he was with a large company and when I signed up for the work he did I had to put my phone number in, that's the only way I can think he got it :/

PeppyPiggy Wed 11-Oct-17 20:50:39

sorry lack of grammar here, running on like three hours sleep

Ttbb Wed 11-Oct-17 20:51:34

That's perfect.

Migraleve Wed 11-Oct-17 20:54:53

I wouldn't be sending any apologetic I'm not looking to date text, I would be asking why he thought it appropriate to use your number unprofessionally!

bsbabas Wed 11-Oct-17 20:55:01

Don't even reply he shouldn't be hitting on clients

BlackPepperCrab Wed 11-Oct-17 20:55:03

'thanks it was lovely to meet you, but I'm not looking to date.'

This is perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now