Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Self care plan

(7 Posts)
Blueisthenightsky Tue 10-Oct-17 21:15:15

How do you start again and start enjoying yourself and looking after yourself? Is there a plan or regime one can follow

username7979 Tue 10-Oct-17 21:27:28

I started looking after myself a bit better when I identified that the most difficult time to tackle for me is getting up. My therapist advised me to make it an enjoyable time and I do various things such as gentle exercise, a very nice breakfast (I love breakfast) a bit of reading or journaling. Not all of it in one morning. I make time for the things that makes me feel good such as exercise.

Blinkingecksake Tue 10-Oct-17 23:11:29

I drew up a list of short and long term goals which gradually helped me. Example, start taking make up off every day (I know, bad!) and putting on night cream, drinking 2 litres of water every day, to having longer term goals such as sorting out my garage, decluttering kitchen cupboards by a certain date. Had little headings too, goals for me, social goals, parenting goals, but small and manageable steps and celebrate them is a good place to start! Good luck!

Blueisthenightsky Wed 11-Oct-17 10:07:02

I think that's a great idea. It's what I need to do. Make a whole list of little goals under short headings. I think the problem is I feel so demotivated at the moment. It's all I can do to barely drag myself into work and I'm doing very little here.

Blueisthenightsky Wed 11-Oct-17 12:39:29

Any other suggestions or ideas?

Annelind Wed 11-Oct-17 13:24:58

Save for a weekend break by yourself. City breaks are good, as lots to see that are not weather dependent. Try different clothing styles - a new hair cut or colour, watch TV programmes that you wouldn't normally entertain. Try a genre of music you don't know much about. It's so easy to fall into familar ruts. Stretching your horizons on a manageable scale really helps to invigorate the mind and spirit. Eat well - a variety of fruits and veg. Make colourful veg soups, lovely for Autumn/Winter!

GreyandGrumpy48 Thu 12-Oct-17 14:08:39

Just lurking for ideas as it is something I really need help with myself.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: