Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Positive starting again stories

(7 Posts)
dancingqueen345 Tue 10-Oct-17 09:28:28

Let me preface this by saying I know that my life is certainly not over and I probably will find 'the one' eventually, but I would love to hear your stories about finding the one after a break up with someone you thought was the one!

My story, I'm 28, have just broken up with my partner of 5 years, no kids, but just about to start trying, proposal was likely in the next year, big house, both good jobs, basically felt quite chuffed with myself for doing so well confused

So please, share with me your stories about wonderful happy lives with people you didn't meet until your 30s

Myheartbelongsto Tue 10-Oct-17 09:48:02

Was married for 12 years. Left him when I was 35 met my now boyfriend six weeks later. Thought I'd never meet anyone with three kids in tow.

I've never been so happy!

Mumanddadtoone Tue 10-Oct-17 11:29:24

Haven't got a story to share but am following with interest.

dancingqueen345 Tue 10-Oct-17 16:47:26

Well this has been reassuring! grin

Cat2014 Tue 10-Oct-17 16:49:55

Was with ex h from age 19, separated early 2016 aged 35. Met a wonderful man through work and we are extremely happy together smilehes great with ds and absolutely 'the one'

Cat2014 Tue 10-Oct-17 16:50:22

Meant to say we got together summer 2016

elmo1980 Tue 10-Oct-17 18:37:43

Met my ex at 25 thought he was the one. Married at 32 realised he wasn't the one (loads of issues came out the woodwork once married) left him at 34, met my now dp a few months later now expecting our second child and couldn't be happier.

It was scary when i was on my own but I knew I had done the right thing by giving myself the chance of happiness with someone who deserved me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: