Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Partner thinks I’m going off him?

(5 Posts)
yummymummy1988 Mon 09-Oct-17 12:13:37

I have been with my partner 5 years and we have a 8 month old DS.
Since giving birth I have been struggling quite badly with anxiety and IBS.. so I hardly feel sexy.
He thinks I’m going off him.. keeps saying how overweight he is and that he’s going to join the gym. It’s not that it’s just tiredness, coupled with taking antidepressants, having a baby and a dog in our room and having tummy troubles hardly puts me in the mood! But I don’t think he believes me. What can I do?

HungerOfThePine Mon 09-Oct-17 12:53:38

Are you both still showing each other affection? I can't say there is much more you can do but keep nurturing each other emotionally until this time passes. You are having a really difficult time at the moment and it would be understandable that you aren't at your best.

Is he supporting you? If not maybe look at areas that he can improve in order to take the pressure off you and in time it will help improve things.

TheNaze73 Mon 09-Oct-17 14:24:54

You both sound in a rut. Communication here is key.

Him going to the gym would be a positive for the endorphins kicking in. Why don’t you go as well separately, could lift your mood?

yummymummy1988 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:21:39

We do still show each other affection, or I thought we did. He says that when he tries to kiss me me I “pull away” which I didn’t think I was doing. It’s not that I don’t love him at all or I want anyone else I’m just not in the mood anymore!
He does support me but he works long hours so he sometimes helps with baths and on weekends but understandably he’s tired.
I might start doing some exercise, I can’t afford a gym membership as I’ve given up work but I could do a dvd while DS is napping or start going out for walks. I don’t leave the house most days!

SandyY2K Mon 09-Oct-17 15:46:20

Pure gym membership is around £20 a month.

It's no good saying you haven't gone of him, if your actions and body language say otherwise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now