Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anniversaries. Which do you celebrate?

(22 Posts)
MrsWineasaurus Sun 08-Oct-17 12:20:01

A bit trivial but...

Both me and Best Friend have recently got married to our DPs. We were just wondering which anniversaries do you now celebrate once married?

Me and DH have always celebrated the anniversary we got together on 25th May. We got married 5th November last year. Do we celebrate both or just wedding now???

Eilasor Sun 08-Oct-17 12:45:42

DH and I celebrate all our 'anniversaries'. The date we met, the date we first hooked up as teenagers, the date we re-met as adults, when we got together and our wedding.

DH is bloody soppy, though.

BenLui Sun 08-Oct-17 12:49:59

We do both!

We have a proper celebration with cards, pressies and a night out for our Weddung Anniversary but usually have a special meal for our getting together anniversary.

confused123456 Sun 08-Oct-17 12:49:59

Since we got married we only celebrate our wedding anniversary properly.
Mind you we never actually had any relationship anniversaries, because we were married within a year of being together (we got in a relationship on the 9th of May 2014, and got married on the 9th of April 2015, so we never actually had a relationship anniversary because we were married on what would have been it).

Quickqu Sun 08-Oct-17 12:56:39

Just our wedding anniversary.

I've got a friend who celebrates first meeting, first date, engagement and then wedding and documents it all on Fbk which I find a bit much, but each to their own!

Thunderblunder Sun 08-Oct-17 14:02:55

We were together 20 years before we got married so we always celebrate the date of our first date rather than our wedding anniversary.

mogratpineapple Sun 08-Oct-17 14:16:09

Once we were married, just the wedding anniversary.

NK1cf53daaX127805d4fd5 Sun 08-Oct-17 14:17:09

None. But ours isn't a happy marriage.

Santawontbelong Sun 08-Oct-17 14:23:37

Both. Week end away twice!!

BigBrownBoogyinBear Sun 08-Oct-17 14:28:37

We celebrate the day we met in person after talking online for weeks, and our wedding anniversary.

MrsWineasaurus Sun 08-Oct-17 15:07:05

Thank you for all your replies.

Think we’re going to do both much to DHs amusement grin

IHeartDodo Sun 08-Oct-17 15:13:00

I was wondering this the other day...
Not married yet but I think it would be super-cute to get married on the anniversary of your first date! - and then you only have 1 date!

TeenTimesTwo Sun 08-Oct-17 15:16:24

I came on to say 25th and 50th but I see that's not really the spirit of the question. grin

Autumnchill Sun 08-Oct-17 15:18:53

Our first date and our wedding are the same date but happened 4 years apart so we celebrate both

SaltySeaBird Sun 08-Oct-17 15:22:04

We got married on our anniversary day to make it easy on ourselves!

Bythepath Sun 08-Oct-17 15:25:17

Wedding anniversary. I cannot actually remember the date we met.

MrsWineasaurus Sun 08-Oct-17 15:42:31

Getting married on your anniversary seems a brilliant idea, too late to change ours? winkgrin

broccolicheesebake Sun 08-Oct-17 15:59:00

First wedding anniversary I had with stbx husband, I suggested we go out for a meal or something and he got arsey about it and looked at me like I had two heads. My 30th birthday completely bypassed him. He totally forgot as he was too concerned about DD1 who was a baby at the time and not sleeping. I was bf and he came home with a box of formula for her. 10 years later and I'm finally in process of divorcing the prick.

FairytaleOfSkegness Sun 08-Oct-17 16:09:17

We got married on our anniversary so didn't have this dilemma grin
However we do make an effort to do something nice each month on our anniversary date too. Not always something big, maybe just a nice dinner at home, it's more about making sure we're spending quality time together

InThisTogether Sun 08-Oct-17 19:54:07

Another one here who got married on the date the day after we met (albeit 13 years later). Its nice because we have a 15 year anniversary on the one day and then the day after a 2 year. We get to feel smug and then new in the space of two days!

Olddear Sun 08-Oct-17 20:53:08

Wedding anniversary. We exchange cards and usually a weekend away to a nice hotel. Cant remember the date we met, sometime in January iirc......

Sooooooooooooooooooooo Sun 08-Oct-17 21:16:03

Wedding anniversary. Neither of us can remember the other dates. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now