Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Divorce and actually moving out.

(3 Posts)
MollyHopps Sun 08-Oct-17 09:33:05

My husband and I are separating and I need some advice about claiming and moving house. To be honest I am absolutely at a loss as how to do this with zero financial assistance.

I need to live closer to work as I don't drive yet (I can do it, I just don't have the money for the last few lessons and test). But I am having trouble working out the logistics of it, especially money wise.

Basically I don't have money for a deposit, as it's tied up in where we rent right now. I need to arrange to move my Sons school (Daughter is in nursery next to work) but it appears I cannot easily do this until I have moved into the area. I will need to make a claim if I want to live and work in any way but I don't know if I can do this before I move. And I need finances sorted before I move.

Why do they make it so damn complicated?

c3pu Sun 08-Oct-17 09:38:44

Any chance of taking out a loan, or 0% credit card to tide you over?

Cricrichan Sun 08-Oct-17 09:47:57

My friend claimed for benefits whilst she was separating from her partner. They were still living in the same house but were separated. They ended up back together but she got the benefits for the time that they were not a couple.

I think it's worth talking to someone about what you're entitled to and when.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now