Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

As you wish...

(101 Posts)
Inexperiencedchick Sat 07-Oct-17 20:19:02

Met someone online. Spoke on the phone, sounded nice and normal.
But questions he asked while talking on the phone:
- you are almost 40, are you sure you can get pregnant now?
My answer: I never thought about that, probably I should have a consultation with GP.
Him: I can come with you 😳🤢

Agreed to meet up next day.
Next day, daytime messages:
- Did you speak to your GP?
- When is your next ovulation period😲
My reply was: "will see you at 6:30pm as agreed"

After those messages I had no desire to dress up and look forward for this date. Went in jeans, old cardigan, no make up...
His expression after seeing me: "I thought it would be "Wow!""
Conversation over a coffee:
- You don't look 39, you have no wrinkles under your eyes 🙈
- If you to visit your family I will come with you.
- How many kids do you want?

After a normal chat I went home. Normal texts next day, then offer to meet up on Sunday. So called him Friday evening for a short chat and said few things about myself (did say I would like to be honest with him)...He then says "Can you move to mine over this weekend?"
I was like: "What?" ; "Can we talk later?"
Him: "Will you move to mine this weekend?"
Me: "Don't think so..."
Him: "As you wish" and finished the call.

I have no idea what to say to myself... 😳 Lost completely.
For me it's not normal to move in with someone I know 5 minutes.
He said few times "I like you!"

Farontothemaddingcrowd Sat 07-Oct-17 20:21:00

Why did you meet him? He's nuts!

Shayelle Sat 07-Oct-17 20:23:02

He's quite the find!!

Polly99 Sat 07-Oct-17 20:23:46

He sounds like a loon. Forget about it.
And don't meet up with someone who asks you when you are ovulating when you barely know them.

Ijustlovefood Sat 07-Oct-17 20:26:51

That is seriously weird

Santawontbelong Sat 07-Oct-17 20:28:58

You should have packed immediately. . A nice winter wedding around Xmas time would have been lovely!!!!!!
grin

userxx Sat 07-Oct-17 20:31:48

What the fuck!!!!! I can't actually believe you met him 😁

user1493413286 Sat 07-Oct-17 20:33:07

There was a few warnings signs there before you met up with him.

rosareine Sat 07-Oct-17 20:34:09

Why did you meet him? I and most women (I'd like to think) would have put the phone down and blocked.

RaininSummer Sat 07-Oct-17 20:35:51

Sounds like a freak. I cant believe you actually met him after the first weird questions.

Inexperiencedchick Sat 07-Oct-17 20:36:40

He genuinely seemed normal, apart from very strange questions. I did find him nice, but when he said perhaps if you get pregnant after 3 weeks time I will come with you to GP, I was like "what?"
While over a coffee he said you have a very healthy life style I don't see a problem of you getting pregnant 🤢
But I'm not a baby making machine!
On Friday over a phone I did say him: I would like to get to know a man before even thinking about pregnancy...

Youcanttaketheskyfromme Sat 07-Oct-17 20:37:04

Stay well away from him.

If you want to be kind explain to him just how unhinged he is coming across then block.

Biscuitsbathroom Sat 07-Oct-17 20:37:44

Aside from the extremely weird ovulation questions (which would have been it for me), you met him once and he asked you to move in? Are you serious? Really serious??

frenchcheeses Sat 07-Oct-17 20:37:52

He sounds insane but you also seem a bit strange to have met the man.

Farontothemaddingcrowd Sat 07-Oct-17 20:38:27

I think you need to set your boundaries higher. It's like saying 'he genuinely seemed normal apart from the fact he was an axe murderer.' Nothing about this man is normal.

lollipop7 Sat 07-Oct-17 20:38:34

I'm amazed you met up with a total stranger in the basis of such an invasive and disproportionately territorial enquiry.

I feel creeped out just reading your original post.

Santawontbelong Sat 07-Oct-17 20:39:13

Sounds like he is intent on impregnating you ASAP. Possibly without your agreement. .

Youcanttaketheskyfromme Sat 07-Oct-17 20:40:18

I agree. There's no way I would have met this man. Ever. He sounds frightening.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sat 07-Oct-17 20:40:28

He’s clearly got his own ideas about meeting people online. grin

Allesda Sat 07-Oct-17 20:53:39

Bizarrely this isn't the first time I have heard of this! A friend of mine was asked by a date to get a fertility report from her doctor shock

Noodles4Me Sat 07-Oct-17 21:44:16

Seriously OP? He asked you about ovulation and getting pregnant BEFORE you met him? And you still met him and are still in contact?

You're not right...

Inexperiencedchick Sat 07-Oct-17 21:52:29

I'm not in contact with him. Over the last phone conversation I tried to drop him as gently as possible. He came across as very confrontational which I'm not...

BenLui Sat 07-Oct-17 21:56:11

I am astounded that you met him after the phone call.

Given that conversation, none of the rest is very surprising tbh.

Justoneme Sat 07-Oct-17 21:58:13

Interesting.... lol

Maybe just maybe he is looking for someone to have kids with and he lacks social skills?

SabineUndine Sat 07-Oct-17 21:59:53

A friend of mine used to regale me with stories of guys she met online. You could see why most of them were single. This guy is in that category. He sounds as though he’s having an imaginary relationship with you and every so often, real life crashes in. Weird.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now