Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Married quarters

(9 Posts)
SGDA Wed 04-Oct-17 21:05:01

Has anyone lived in married quarters? I’m moving in at the end of this month and have no idea what to expect

BirdieBootie Wed 04-Oct-17 22:23:19

Very basic

Pinkstars2501 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:28:25

My husbands parents lived I quarters. It was ok, as said above, basic. A sea of magnolia. They could decorate however they liked, as long as it was put back exactly how they were given it when they eventually left.

RifRafia Wed 04-Oct-17 22:30:25

They vary widely; some new builds, others that are a good 50 years past their demolition date! Yes they can be quite basic in decoration , but as I've found out since being in civilian houses for the past few years, it's not a bad thing to have a blank canvas that has been cleaned before you move in!

RunningOutOfCharge Wed 04-Oct-17 22:30:58

We did

They were ok. I miss Army life.... lots going on,support etc

fc301 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:32:25

Grew up in them so they have a happy nostalgia for me.
They will be strictly inspected and any damage will be charged. Not sure you can redecorate?
I hope you'll be very happy. Home is where the heart is, not bricks & mortar 💐

Graphista Wed 04-Oct-17 22:48:44

Grew up in and lived in when married. Basic but serviceable and with imagination you can make it your own. I miss living in quarters.

Dinosauratemydaffodils Wed 04-Oct-17 22:55:03

I spent my childhood in them and they ranged from the ultra boring magnolia apartments to the slightly surreal purple/pink lino'd houses with creepy basements.

We always had things hanging on the walls etc, but just moved out a few days early and stayed in a hostel/hotel whilst they cleaned/put it all back the way it was.

ShatnersWig Thu 05-Oct-17 08:43:29

Weird. You had a thread last month that read:

Any other young people TTC? (Me and DH are married, have a house and both have stable jobs and enough money to fund a child)

You also have another thread running where you aren't married yet.

You've had other threads last month that contradict each other. I've reported you OP. Get a life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now