Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do I make him notice me?

(206 Posts)
Shayelle Sat 23-Sep-17 07:18:52

There is a guy I walk past on my way to work in the mornings. Over the last 10 months I'm sure there has been eye contact and a flash of something between us. One of my friends said when we walked past he's looked at me a number of times. This week I plucked the courage to go up and buy something of his but he didn't make any conversation sad
How do I make him notice me? I always make the effort with my clothes, make up and hair. He's gorgeous and maybe seems a bit shy. Help smile

MiniTheMinx Sat 23-Sep-17 07:20:17

What does he sell?

Ifailed Sat 23-Sep-17 07:20:40

Why not just ask him out - women are allowed to do so nowadays?

Chillyegg Sat 23-Sep-17 07:21:54

Oooo more details please I assume he is a shop or s tall owner? Could you buy something of his and make small
Talk about the weather and or whatever it is that he sells?

user1480334601 Sat 23-Sep-17 07:22:22

Sounds like he's already noticed you. You should buy something from him again but try a friendly hello and start a conversation see how it goes

Shayelle Sat 23-Sep-17 07:36:57

He sells coffee. Just feel like I plucked up the coursge to go and do it and he didnt say much!

Shayelle Sat 23-Sep-17 07:38:35

Feel like a knob going back again and trying again. Im painfully shy and don't have the guts to ask him out. It took me a few months to pluck the courage to go to his stall lol. Pathetic I know. My hands were shaking when he passed me my coffee grin

Itsgoodforthegarden Sat 23-Sep-17 07:38:36

Buy more coffee & just say hi how are you?

Itsgoodforthegarden Sat 23-Sep-17 07:39:12

What's the worst thing that could happen?

FindoGask Sat 23-Sep-17 07:43:07

Buy another coffee and as you pick up your cup, also give him your number, which you have already written down on a folded up piece of paper/card? That way you can scurry off if you're feeling shy. What can go wrong- I suppose the worst would be that he didn't phone you, but either way you'll make his day and at least you'll know where you stand.

Shayelle Sat 23-Sep-17 07:44:13

Yeah. Its sounds all kind of small written down I guess. When Im there it feels bigger!!

Shayelle Sat 23-Sep-17 07:44:33

I just like a wally though!!

Itsgoodforthegarden Sat 23-Sep-17 07:47:17

Wouldn't you feel like more of a wally if you missed out on hooking up with the love of you're life? Feel The Fear & Do It Anyway OP!

And then tell us what happened grin

Shayelle Sat 23-Sep-17 07:49:03

Omg haha... ill be walking past him on Monday. God!! I am so rubbish at this confused
I had written a little card to give him. Got too scared and threw it away!!

dudsville Sat 23-Sep-17 07:56:14

Why not start buying coffee regularly until you or he warms up enough to take conversation further?

Itsgoodforthegarden Sat 23-Sep-17 08:08:08

Yes buy lots of coffee!

Itsgoodforthegarden Sat 23-Sep-17 08:09:48

Just say "hi how are you?" & smile... that leaves it open for him to say something. It's not embarrassing to say that just friendly. Honestly he's not going to scream & run away is he?

AnarchyKitty Sat 23-Sep-17 08:10:32

Just buy coffee each day and build up the chat.

Notears Sat 23-Sep-17 08:12:29

Yes buy coffee every day, say something inane about the weather, ask if he's been busy today, make a joke about something, say a bit more each day until you swap numbers. Eeeeasy.

2014newme Sat 23-Sep-17 08:12:42

Do you want to date a coffee seller?

SendintheArdwolves Sat 23-Sep-17 08:13:55

So he is there, selling coffee every morning. And you walk past him.

The thing is, there's not much he can do in this situation -he can hardly spring out from his stall and flag you down as you stride past.

Why don't you start buying coffee from him regularly? It won't look weird or pushy - it's perfectly normal to find a coffee place you like and then go there everyday. After a few times of buying coffee, venture a remark about something. Conversation will either start to happen or it won't.

I don't think giving him a note is great at this stage - if he doesn't call, you will then feel mortified every morning when you have to walk past him. Just g and buy a coffee!

ConorMcGregorsChin Sat 23-Sep-17 08:15:50

2014 why do you ask that?
Is 'coffee selling' dirty?

elQuintoConyo Sat 23-Sep-17 08:16:43

2014newmw and the bad thing about that would be..?

Desmondo2016 Sat 23-Sep-17 08:17:23

2014newme what a vile, shallow person that comment makes you look. Totally not in the spirit of the thread.

Desmondo2016 Sat 23-Sep-17 08:17:55

Ha elquinto, great minds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now