Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you put up with partner commenting on other women

(18 Posts)
Whatdoidowhatdoido7 Fri 22-Sep-17 15:50:07

My partner will make the odd (immature and in my eyes insensitve/innapropriate ) comments when an attractive woman comes on the tv ("oooooh yehhhh") if theres say a half naked lady showing her legs, bum or whatever.. when he does this it makes me cringe.

Now i know most men look (as do women) but i dont need the verbal comments.. making it clear that he finds this person attractive...

How would u feel? (Ive told him i dont find it funny and hes stopped doig it so much but occasionally he does and it really pi**es me off. Ps i know he'd never cheat and i dont have trust issues etc...

Am i oversrnsitive or is it rude and disrespectful for your partner to do/say this in front of me ..if he was with a group of guys etc then yeh sure whatever but surely in front of partner men should be a bit more tasteful??

Rubyslippers7780 Fri 22-Sep-17 15:51:13

Is he 12?

FuckingBUTTERbeans Fri 22-Sep-17 15:52:07

I think it's personal to the relationship. Some people don't mind, some do, but the point is that you've asked him to stop doing it, and he still does it. That is disrespectful.

Anecdoche Fri 22-Sep-17 15:52:22

it's very childish.

tell him you really arent at all attracted to silly little 12 yr old boys and the more he whoops it up at tv women the less he stands a hope in hell of getting near the one sitting next to him.

CardsforKittens Fri 22-Sep-17 16:05:31

I wouldn't stay in a relationship with someone who behaved like that.

I know other people who have no problem with it.

If you don't like it, you don't have to put up with it.

Adora10 Fri 22-Sep-17 16:53:52

No I'd lose respect for him and wouldn't see him the same, how childish and nasty is that.

SkySmiler Sat 23-Sep-17 15:26:23

No, disrespectful and rude

Crowdo Sat 23-Sep-17 15:29:30

I wouldn't mind as long as he was cool with you copping an eyeful of any men around and roaring, wouldn't mind getting my vag round that! every five minutes.

GertiesEyebrow Sat 23-Sep-17 15:34:03

I'd be annoyed at comments like that.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 23-Sep-17 15:48:55

You've told him already that you do not like this from him and yet he persists. He is being both rude and disrespectful of your feelings here; I daresay as well he would not be at all as forgiving if he was on the receiving end.

PastoralCare Sat 23-Sep-17 16:01:21

Since it doesn't seem like you had any success in curbing his comments, try doing exactly the same, ideally within a short time after he does so.

See how he reacts.

If your goal is for him to stop, the best way would be to make him feel how you feel when he's being childish.

cherryontopp Sat 23-Sep-17 16:35:04

I agree with Pastoral.

You've already told him you don't like it but keeps doing it.

If he does it again, give it 5 or 10 minutes, and when a decent looking man comes on the screen say " Phwoar I'd climb that like a tree"

See how he likes it.

Ttbb Sat 23-Sep-17 16:59:01

That's not acceptable even if he isn't married. Just yuck!

Pinkflamingo121318 Sat 23-Sep-17 19:07:22

My DH wouldn't dare to do that as he knows how I would feel about it.

We have a joke about a couple of celebrities where I'm like "oh look, it's your girlfriend" which is different as we laugh about it together.

Treebags Sun 24-Sep-17 00:34:42

No. It would make me cringe as well. So disrespectful.

Carouselfish Sun 24-Sep-17 01:07:47

I wouldn't mind. I think it's unrealistic to expect anyone not to look at the opposite sex when they're in a relationship. I've always joined in with the commenting. It's on TV too which is totally removed from reality. I'd understand more if you didn't like him commenting on a real life person, although if they were just a passing stranger I wouldn't mind that either.

RedForFilth Sun 24-Sep-17 10:13:57

It doesn't matter if any of us would really. It's part of him and how he is. You don't like it and it's upset you enough to post here. This suggests you possibly aren't compatible. Fwiw I think anyone commenting on anyone like they're a piece of meat is pretty gross. But then I wouldn't choose to be in a relationship with them.

Branleuse Sun 24-Sep-17 10:25:29

No its sleazy and creepy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now