Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

cancelled visit - should I be sympathetic or he's being easy on himself?

(11 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 21-Sep-17 13:21:00

This morning got a text from DD's father cancelling his monthly visit next weekend. Apparently an unexpected eye surgery. First I was worried/ shocked/ a bit upset - oh no! Now I'm thinking you don't fucking walk on your eye.

Unexpected? That is some quick NHS turnaround that he got a week notice. I do believe what he says it's true btw, just why unexpected.

If I had surgery, I'd still have to parent, sure as hell he wouldn't be coming over to help me.

Unless it's both fucking eyes, then I'm sorry but doubt that's the case so what would you reply?

He lives 3 hours away foor to door, travels to see DD by train.

MyBrilliantDisguise Thu 21-Sep-17 13:24:34

Did he ask to rearrange to the following week?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 21-Sep-17 13:26:31

No, he said the visit in October half term should be ok.

He never cancels to be fair to him and gets up extra early to be on time if train problems (often) but considering it's once a month hmm he doesnt bust his hump if you ask me.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 21-Sep-17 13:27:15

So it seems like he thinks he'll be recuparating long time if October visit should be OK.

theknackster Thu 21-Sep-17 13:41:04

Unexpected? That is some quick NHS turnaround that he got a week notice.

Depends what it is...OH used to work in eye cancer, and there would be patients that came in to the clinic on a tuesday after a referral, and would be having an enucleation or radioactive plaque fitted on the thursday(!).

Gemini69 Thu 21-Sep-17 13:46:57

Now I'm thinking you don't fucking walk on your eye.

this made me laugh out very loud.... x

DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 21-Sep-17 15:31:07

I certainpy hope it's not cancer, his eyesight has always been shit, never saw much without glasses. wil risk a pussy text back and ask why no visit the following weekend.

TheRealBiscuitAddict Thu 21-Sep-17 15:34:45

What kind of eye surgery is it? Many eye surgeries mean you have to look down for a couple of weeks etc so he may not be able to go out? Or he might have to wear a patch to protect the eye etc?

Think you're being a tad harsh if he's cancelled because of surgery...

DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 21-Sep-17 15:37:24

PISSY a pissy text back blush

ChuffMuffin Thu 21-Sep-17 15:38:53

Could possibly be for glaucoma. That in some cases can get very nasty very quickly.

Redglitter Thu 21-Sep-17 15:39:35

I had eye surgery several years ago. The pain was horrific. I was on heavy duty painkillers for about a week. My eye had to be covered regularly to 'rest It' I was off work for about 4 weeks. Don't assume because it eye surgery hell be back on his feet straight away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now