Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does my DH fancy my friend?

(98 Posts)
revolution909 Tue 19-Sep-17 12:32:51

Maybe you remember my older thread. This is my closest friend, they have a close friendship too. yesterday we went out for drinks the whole evening was somewhat convoluted , but when we got home he said "she's actually good looking, and she knows how to dress too, maybe you should ask her for some tips". WTH???? he claims it was supposed to mean something else, but whatever. Now I'm fairly convinced he likes her in that way.

Offred Tue 19-Sep-17 12:35:34

The more pertinent question is 'why are you with a man who speaks to you like that?' TBH...

HailLapin Tue 19-Sep-17 12:36:24

Who cares if he fancies your mate? He's a twat and he's going out of his way to bring you down rather than be a good partner.

Why are you with this creature?

hellsbellsmelons Tue 19-Sep-17 12:37:30

Wow - that comment is shocking.
What's your situation?
Kids?
How long have you been together?

meltingmarshmallows Tue 19-Sep-17 12:38:48

Was your other thread about losing your best friend to your DH?

If so, I'm not sure why you're still with him / posting about it. There was tons of advice about how unacceptable his behaviour is there which was seemingly ignored. This sounds like more of the same and more weird / childish commenting on looks.

QueenBeex Tue 19-Sep-17 12:40:20

What a hurtful thing to say!

revolution909 Tue 19-Sep-17 12:41:10

At this point I just laughed . I'm not insecure at all , I know I'm fairly attractive, so gain I have no idea where this is coming from. I'm still in shock She not bad looking it's true, she has a beautiful face , but I'm smokin' hot!

Offred Tue 19-Sep-17 12:43:56

hmm

Alright then, carry on... confused

revolution909 Tue 19-Sep-17 12:46:10

@meltingmarshmallows yes that's right. But things improved massively. No real argument whatsoever Seriously the past 4-6 weeks were pretty blissful. I had a crisis, he handled it pretty well. It turned out my friend was acting funny because of her severe depression and we're trying to get her out of the hole. but now I have this? I genuinely don't care if he likes her, good for him, I like other men too.

meltingmarshmallows Tue 19-Sep-17 12:47:09

@revolution909 then I have no idea what you're asking?

Carry on with your relationship and humble attitude hmm

Threenme Tue 19-Sep-17 12:48:11

Couple goals!!!confusedgrin

HailLapin Tue 19-Sep-17 12:49:02

I think I'll "unwatch" this thread.

Guiltybystander Tue 19-Sep-17 12:49:03

Are you smokin' hot because other people (including your husband) say so or is it only you who is saying this?

revolution909 Tue 19-Sep-17 12:50:39

I'm just flabbergasted of how he's so open about it? i've had crushes in the past, but they've always remained secret!

SeamusMacDubh Tue 19-Sep-17 12:51:37

OP you sound like you have a really strange attitude towards your relationship and "friend". All your really modest comments about how attractive you are just smack of insecurity.

If you've posted about your relationship before and received advice you can act on then I don't know why you're posting again about the same issue? You're kidding yourself if you think that your problems have sorted themselves out. You're entering into the cycle of

He does something to make you feel shit
You argue/air your issues
4 weeks go by where things seem fine/better
He does something to make you feel shit
You argue/air your issues...

revolution909 Tue 19-Sep-17 12:53:39

i don't need anyone to tell me, but yeah other people tell me so. The point of that comment is that he can't bring me down on it. I'm not insecure in that way, so he accomplishes nothing.

PJsAndProsecco Tue 19-Sep-17 12:59:50

oh sweet moses. This thread will be as pointless as the previous one. You won't leave him so what's the point in posting when you're saying you don't care what he does anyway?! If I was convinced my DH fancied another woman, especially a "friend" of mine, I'd be doing something about it, not saying I didn't care...

SandyY2K Tue 19-Sep-17 12:59:59

I'm not sure how else he could have meant it tbh.

I'd be tempted to say something similar about a good looking man. Just to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Guiltybystander Tue 19-Sep-17 13:05:08

It is not a question of how confident -full of yourself- you are. It is a question of your husband finding someone more attractive than you and rubbing it in your face.
You can be the most confident -full of yourself- person in the world if you are being replaced by someone else.

revolution909 Tue 19-Sep-17 13:08:27

We're both on counselling (separate btw) and so far it's been going great. He comes early one day so I can go to my running club, supports me with my extremely demanding marathon training . We're gonna get some cats, it's been genuinely like all my Christmases at once. I've never been firm with him before, until now, and it's been working.

Threenme Tue 19-Sep-17 13:11:02

Yeah it's working fab- you're saying he's after your mate and you don't care! You need to collar your therapist for a refund!

Brahms3rdracket Tue 19-Sep-17 13:14:28

Really, more drama re. friend and dh??? Is he still a sex pest op? Your marriage is disfunctional, but I'm not convinced you don't like it that way.

Offred Tue 19-Sep-17 13:14:40

Ok... you've now posted twice about the same issue but there is no problem and everything is fine... him speaking to you like shit is fine... him blatantly obsessing over your friend is fine... everything is fine....

So why post about it twice?

revolution909 Tue 19-Sep-17 13:17:04

I'm a firm believer we're all free to make our own decisions. If he decides to go and do whatever it's HIS decision, not mine. I cannot control who he is attracted to and viceversa.

Offred Tue 19-Sep-17 13:18:27

No, but you are being incredibly passive in your relationship....

He can just keep on treating you like crap until he leaves? don't you want more than that for yourself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now