Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH never tells me stuff

(15 Posts)
Readysaltedcrisps Mon 21-Aug-17 00:50:08

Was chatting with a neighbour earlier, who mentioned another neighbour who had been taken ill the other day, requiring an ambulance in the early hours.

Mentioned it to my DH who said 'yeah, I know'.

So, he knew and didn't think to mention it? I would have popped a get well card through the door if he'd told me. (Still will, just would prefer DH to have told me than a neighbour).

He does this a lot and it pisses me off. It's as if he likes having the power by having knowledge of something I don't know about.

DirigiblePlums Mon 21-Aug-17 00:51:48

LTB

Readysaltedcrisps Mon 21-Aug-17 00:53:20

Hmm, maybe I will!

SaS2014 Mon 21-Aug-17 00:53:47

See my dh would be the same but to him it's just not relevant to life info so it doesn't/wouldn't occur to him to pass it on!

numbmum83 Mon 21-Aug-17 00:57:14

Would this be seen as gossip to him? Does he have a professional job where he has to keep a lot to himself? Or perhaps he is just a loyal character which isn't always a bad thing.

Readysaltedcrisps Mon 21-Aug-17 01:02:11

I can't make up my mind whether he didn't class it as important enough to mention or whether he deliberately witheld it.

In the big scheme of things, it's not massively important, it just annoys me.

TheNaze73 Mon 21-Aug-17 07:57:50

I'd see it as gossip

Hermonie2016 Mon 21-Aug-17 10:04:11

If you knew your partner would be interested I think it's appropriate to share.

Relationships work by meeting your partners needs and its often the small stuff that consolidates a relationship.
Op is obviously interested in her neighbours and if her partner shared the info (since at a low cost to him) it would have shown he is interested in her.

Looneytune253 Mon 21-Aug-17 10:04:51

Maybe he just seen it as gossip?

HarmlessChap Mon 21-Aug-17 16:51:49

Sometimes I hear things which I don't find particularly significant, it might be something which is a bit sad or that someone has done something which has no direct impact on me or my family.

There's no deliberate withholding of information and if it came up in conversation I would mention it but I'm more likely to forget about it as soon as I'm told than feel any need to volunteer the information to others.

junebirthdaygirl Mon 21-Aug-17 17:13:44

My dh is like that. Its more he forgets to tell me. Maybe a friend tells him their dd is in hospital and he never mentions it. Im upset then as dont inquire after little one. Nothing sinister just forgetful.

SnowiestMountain Mon 21-Aug-17 17:15:23

DH does this all the time, I think it's very much a case of him not placing the same importance on this sort of information as I do!

Paperdoll16 Mon 21-Aug-17 17:47:46

Surely it was just a case of not giving it a second thought as it's quite insignificant to his life rather than withholding information from you?

If it was a close friend or relative then I would think differently.

Oblomov17 Mon 21-Aug-17 18:03:12

My Dh is occasionally like this. In his instance I don't think it's a controlling thing. I think it really isn't important to him. And he's not a gossiper.
I think a lot of men aren't.

PinkHeart5911 Mon 21-Aug-17 18:04:47

To me your example is just gossip and I wouldn't mention something like that to dh because it isn't relevant to our lives

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now