Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Birthday message from his ex.

(15 Posts)
malificent7 Sat 12-Aug-17 22:07:50

Mother of his child wrote in his bday card that she wishes that she was there to celebrate with him and that he's one in a million.

I am not threatened as she is with another but im pissed off as she cheated on him and is now with om.

Why is she so gushy?

AnneLovesGilbert Sat 12-Aug-17 22:11:13

No idea. What does he make of it?

I remember being livid when my ex got a similar card from his ex, no kids involved but they'd been together ages and she'd chucked him a while before we got together.

He thought it was weird but they were still in touch and I just decided it was sad for her to still feel involved/attached to him after breaking up with him and that was her loss but sod all to do with him and me.

StarUtopia Sat 12-Aug-17 22:13:58

I still send cards to my ex. He's a good friend. His wife won't even meet me ^^ maybe Anne is his wife haha.

Given she is the mother of his child, he could well have involvement with her that you're not aware of. Not saying you have anything to be worried about just that they do have a connection.

I finished with my ex - because he didn't want kids. Other than that, I still loved him to bits!

malificent7 Sat 12-Aug-17 22:14:32

Its the hypocrasy of it. She cheated on him. Ran off with the other mam ana was gutted when do moved on to me.

He thinks it is a bit too gushy and dosnt emcourage it.

AnneLovesGilbert Sat 12-Aug-17 22:15:53

It was many years ago star. I'm on my second husband since and current DH and his ex don't get on at all grin

malificent7 Sat 12-Aug-17 22:18:44

Hmmmm.... i suppose im being silly. Im glad they are friends but i cannot fathom how anyone could be friends with someone they cheated on!

malificent7 Sat 12-Aug-17 22:19:27

Or rather who cheated on them!

TartanDMs Sat 12-Aug-17 22:22:58

I must admit I was a bit hmm when DH's exW started putting kisses on the end of text messages to him. She cheated and he divorced her nearly 30 years ago so I know there is no threat there. He doesn't encourage it either and won't go round to her house without me or DS (he goes round to see DSS1's son, who lives with her).

malificent7 Sat 12-Aug-17 22:25:50

I think they still like to wield a bit of power and there us an element of not wanting them but wanting to remind them of the good old days!

TheNaze73 Sat 12-Aug-17 22:58:19

Easier said than done OP but, I'd let it go. He's chosen to be with you, she's just trying it on

Aquamarine1029 Sun 13-Aug-17 04:17:04

She's a snake in the grass, obviously. Playing her little mind games to see how far she can take it. I hope your partner is wise to her schemes.

Isadora2007 Sun 13-Aug-17 04:22:18

Was it meant to be from their child?

SpareASquare Sun 13-Aug-17 04:38:59

i cannot fathom how anyone could be friends with someone they cheated on!
Or rather who cheated on them!

They share a child. That's a pretty good reason.
No matter who did what to whom, they need to co-parent, presumably for many years to come.

WinchestersInATardis Sun 13-Aug-17 04:52:02

i cannot fathom how anyone could be friends with someone they cheated on!

My ex cheated on me and he would probably say we're still friends, although I wouldn't.

He'll also occasionally say similar things which I think aren't appropriate considering he cheated and has another girlfriend.

I find it hugely annoying but he tends to get really sulky if he thinks he's being told off so I ignore it to keep it amicable for the sake of our DC.
We also don't see each other socially and the vast majority of conversation is about DC.

I guess the question, OP, is if your DP considers her a friend or reciprocates the compliments. Otherwise he might just be deliberately keeping things friendly with an annoying ex for the sake of his DC like I do

She's being inappropriate though but if she cheated, you and your DP already know she doesn't have a problem with overstepping relationship boundaries and that's why she's an ex.

anxiousnow Sun 13-Aug-17 09:57:58

It was inappropriate but maybe it was from a point of regret. She regrets cheating that broke the relationship meaning she is not there with him. She shouldn't have written that though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now