Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Weird one

(2 Posts)

I have been in shit relationships all my life. I am finally in a good relationship but our financial differences are huge. I earn less than 12k a year and am a single parent. I don't know what he earns but believe it to be just under the 40# tax threshold. Been out with him and his friends and they think nothing of spending £300 on a night out. No problem with that. But he don't get I can't do that. He says he does but he doesn't. He arranged for us to go horse racing on ladies day. I spent as least as I could borrowing a dress and spending £25 I couldn't afford on shoes and bag. Rounds were £40. He does understand I can't do that it makes me feel grim that all his friends can and I can't. Not to drip feed but I can't afford his lifestyle. How do I deal with it? Put up or get out?

Missb00 Sun 09-Jul-17 22:22:47

He will get the idea once you start declining going to events with him. Tell him you can't afford it and don't go. He'll cotton on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now