Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Being selfish

(6 Posts)
user1499288566 Sun 09-Jul-17 07:12:33

Does anyone else think it selfish to go spend 350 on a tattoo when you have a family to provide for

Saiman Sun 09-Jul-17 07:17:22

Depends. If the £350 leaves the family short, yes.

If its just in one chunk and kesvevthe family short.

If its been saved for here and there, then no.

Having a family doesnt mean you should never have something for yourself ever.

Are you both struggling financially? If yes, then he shouldn't be spending £350.

Can you spend £350 as you wish as well?

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sun 09-Jul-17 07:53:56

It's only stupid if paying for the tattoo leaves you unable to provide for the family

BitchQueen90 Sun 09-Jul-17 07:58:35

If you are struggling financially and it will leave you unable to pay bills then yes.

user1499288566 Mon 10-Jul-17 06:44:00

He works away, only see him weekends, don't do a lot with me or his child weekends as he seems to have no interest, in my opinion he finds it boring and would rather have a beer while on Xbox, we have had many probs on n off , I'm still waiting on us getting a home together as in mortgage, our daughter is 4 and at I'm renting , all on me , he puts in every weekend , he has no clue what it takes to run a home, so when he says he wants to do it right get a home etc doing that with money gets to me , it was booked for a whole sat too bearing in mind he only gets time to see us weekends, he never took us on hol , I don't get to do that No, I have treats in reason but my money is caught up in living

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now