Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My neighbour

(8 Posts)
user1499560144 Sun 09-Jul-17 01:53:21

My neighbour keeps looking over the fence at me when I am in the garden. Once I could have sworn he was masturbating, but I couldn't be sure as all I could see was his face. He told me once his partner likes to go with other men, and he used to go and watch, but he suffers with impotency. I told him I had enough problems of my own, I have a little girl of two, and feel very vulnerable, this man is a real perv, I don't want trouble but I am worried he won't take a hint to get lost and leave me alone

blankface Sun 09-Jul-17 02:05:19

Put a higher fence up so he cannot see into your garden.

user1486956786 Sun 09-Jul-17 02:08:10

I'd recommend firstly talking to the police for some advice.

Other than that I really don't know without meeting the guy myself as to how to handle it. Do you have any male friends or family who could help? I don't mean be aggressive, but have a word to him, or show their face around your place a bit. I think a lot of weird pervs are usually quite intimated by other men and the reason they prey on women is because it's the only way they feel more in charge.

Aquamarine1029 Sun 09-Jul-17 03:30:17

Please, so not worry about insulting or being rude to this man. Tell him to back the fuck off and leave you alone.

Tofutti Sun 09-Jul-17 09:09:40

He is harassing you, OP. Be direct and tell him to leave you alone.

If he persists, call the police. They will be helpful.

Better to nip this in the bud now before it escalates. I'm thinking of the OP who posted a few weeks ago about her neighbour taking advantage of her when she was drunk.

isitjustme2017 Sun 09-Jul-17 09:28:10

I agree with the others OP. He shouldn't be telling you personal things like that, if he does again tell him you're not interested. If he peers at you over the fence, politely ask him to stop doing it. If he doesn't stop, tell him you will ring the police and have him arrested for being a peeping tom.
I think you have to be direct and firm with people like this.

MyheartbelongstoG Sun 09-Jul-17 14:52:34

My "neighbour" is lying next to me in bed. They're not all bad.
Tell him to piss off op and mean it.

NellieFiveBellies Sun 09-Jul-17 14:58:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: