Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Break up aftermath

(6 Posts)
YellowPaisley Thu 06-Jul-17 09:49:15

I sold from my dp of just over two years last Monday. We had been arguing a fair bit lately and both of us wanted it to stop. So that was that. I know the reasons behind it make sense but it just hurts so much. I miss him, he was my best friend.

I've decided to go down the no contact route because it's just easier in the sense it's not giving the relationship hope and we do get a break from each other. Is this the right thing to do? I can't stop thinking about him.

redexpat Thu 06-Jul-17 12:43:15

I find it easier too. I think it's tougher in the short term but better in the long run. Of course it hurts. Are there any projects you want to get done? Any friends you want to reconnect with? I would get some dates in the diary so you've got something to look forward to.

TheNaze73 Thu 06-Jul-17 17:14:59

Short term pain, long term gain.

You're doing the right thing

user1498060624 Thu 06-Jul-17 19:14:54

You are definitely doing the right thing and I admire you! I am still texting him and with each of his responses I get more and more upset and feel worthless.

Initially you will miss him and maybe feel angry. Then you will experience terrible pain, so I hope you have an extremely strong network support to talk to and take your mind away. I have no one so things are even worse than you can imagine.

I wish you the best of luck and send you a virtual hug!

YellowPaisley Thu 06-Jul-17 19:43:40

Thanks all. Well I ended up texting him today and like you user the responses just hurt even more. I'm kicking myself for doing that now. I know in my head we needed to split, but it just feels so shitty. When my last relationship broke down the circumstances were way worse than this and their were DC involved. So I got through that I can get through this . I hope!

Sorry that's happened to you user. Look after yourself

user1498060624 Thu 06-Jul-17 20:03:19

Dont beat up yourself! We are humans after all. Don't pay attention to any hurtful things he might say, its because he is sad and angry. And yes go cold turkey and it will be fine.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now