Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Where can you get advice that isn't mumsnet?

(6 Posts)
SilverdaleGlen Tue 04-Jul-17 22:07:06

In desperate need of neutral people to talk to but it's very specific and I just darent. If I ended up splashed across the DM rag my life would be over.

PacificDogwod Tue 04-Jul-17 22:08:15

Relate? Or similar relationship counselling service??

Or you could NC on here?

Use 'the other place' on MN? Or '30 days only'?

Hope you are ok thanks

SilverdaleGlen Tue 04-Jul-17 22:32:07

Tried Relate they wouldn't help as they say I am too depressed and controlled for relationship councilling to be a good idea.

Tried a councillor from my work and they said I needed practical not emotional help and to call Women's aid.

Called women's aid local office (shaking) and was told they were closing in 5 minutes but if I left my number they would call tomorrow.

I am physically safe. But breaking.

PacificDogwod Tue 04-Jul-17 22:34:24

Would you speak to your GP?

it all sounds very hard for you. Being safe just now is good.
You've reached out for help - that's really good and a very strong thing to do.

Sounds like Women's Aid may be a good port of call - i hope they'll get back to you.

I've PMed you btw.

rumred Tue 04-Jul-17 22:36:25

Maybe try online counselling? Or a helpline which deals with your specific issue? Or samaritans?

UnicornRainbowPoo Tue 04-Jul-17 22:36:51

If you need someone to talk to now try the Samaratins 116 123. You can call them for any reason and they will listen. I hop WA get back to you tomorrow. flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: