Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help me not text him

(10 Posts)
RottenTomatoes959 Tue 04-Jul-17 08:57:19

Me and ex split up in January, he was devastated,me slightly less so as we'd been fighting loads and I was sick of it. Spoke on and off rarely and now Im seeing someone new who I really like.
About a week and half ago exs dad died and he rang me,I supported him through it all and attended the funeral (in r.o.i) but now all these feelings are flooding back and I feel breathless,he has made it clear that he doesn't feel that way about me and I haven't told him how i feel because I know it's not really, it's heightened emotions mixed with grief over the circumstances, so my mam says anyway. I want to spill it all to him right now but I can't please people tell me how bad an idea it is

ShatnersWig Tue 04-Jul-17 09:02:18

Do you have children together? If not, then simple - delete his number so you can't text him. Block him if your phone allows so he can't text you.

RottenTomatoes959 Tue 04-Jul-17 09:28:36

No none together. I have deleted his number ages ago but I know it off by heart. Blocking his number is a good idea actually. I just don't want to feel like this anymore

user1488575338 Tue 04-Jul-17 11:24:11

Know exactly how you feel as I'm feeling the same at the moment. Really want to pour my heart out but know it will end up in a big fat rejection, so what's the point. I feel rubbish enough as it is and don't want to feel any worse.

To be honest I think when you know that someone doesn't want you it makes you want them more. Try and keep distracted.

newjobsoon Tue 04-Jul-17 23:07:39

I once had an affair and my ex dh used to text me. I didn't bother to read them and was actually annoyed by them. How awful. Now I think of this the other way around...... someone being like that to me if I text them and it stops me every time.
Don't do it. He has told you how he feels.

ALaughAMinute Tue 04-Jul-17 23:16:01

More forwards not backwards.

Don't text him!

MyheartbelongstoG Tue 04-Jul-17 23:26:24

Listen to new jobs!

onemorecupofcoffeefortheroad Wed 05-Jul-17 10:27:50

It will pass and you'll feel so much better further down the line when you're more recovered that you didn't text him.

It really helps to write down a letter to the person that never gets sent. Tell them everything you feel you'd like to say - then throw it away. It's a way of getting your feelings out from inside your head and processing them without the other person ever knowing the turmoil you're in. I have done this and sometimes the sheer act of the process of setting out how I feel is enough to make me not feel that way anymore.

RottenTomatoes959 Wed 05-Jul-17 19:57:33

That's a really good idea onecup I think I'll do that tonight. I finally talked to one of my friends about it last night which helped aswell.
It just kills me knowing that he probably felt this way when we first split because he did text and rang when he was drunk and even though I still loved him I was so set on the break up being the best thing and now it's too late.

Gemini69 Wed 05-Jul-17 23:37:49

every day will get a little easier.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now