Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Lovebombing

(4 Posts)
computerscream Mon 26-Jun-17 22:28:20

I've seen lovebombing mentioned on here in the context of adult sexual/Romantic relationships as a bad thing. What is it and how do you recognise it?

I know it in the context of using lovebombing on kids.

computerscream Mon 26-Jun-17 22:31:09

Maybe I should google it blush

Aquamarine1029 Mon 26-Jun-17 22:34:25

It's easy to spot. Lovebombing is when someone makes way over-the-top declarations of love, affection, gifts, etc, very early on in a relationship in order to dazzle their love interest. It's kind of like gaslighting, but with the intent to woo someone. Basically, if they seem too good to be true, they probably are.

Tiredbutnotyetretired Mon 26-Jun-17 22:34:36

Someone who is overly flattering, throwing compliments and declarations of love your way, saying it was 'meant to be', compliments you constantly and puts you on a pedestal,
When they dont even know u.
To create a love bond that isnt even there
Usually taking the beginning of a relationship too fast for your liking and sweeping you off your feet after only knowing you for a very short period of time.
The bigger the high, the lower the fall
A technique used by users abusers and psycopaths.
Its a manipulation tactic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now