Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Partner bringing constant stress to our lives

(5 Posts)
Binina Sat 24-Jun-17 09:07:30

Dp and I have been together for 3 years and have one child. I have three dc from a previous marriage and he has one. My dc live with us.

Things haven't run smoothly for us, although we love each other very much.

We've both had a lot of stress from our ex partners throughout our relationship.

Last year DP got very ill. His business then went under and he had a breakdown.

He now has a new business but is constantly worrying about money.

His ex wife is refusing him contact with his child and we are in the midst of a massive court case,

I'm exhausted from caring for my dc pretty much single handedly. I'm also up throughout the night and then getting up at a 5am with the baby every morning. Dp will get up with the baby but he works. Baby is also bf and refuses a bottle so dp can't always help. (Baby is 9 months old).

I feel on the edge of a panic attack. I can't cope with the stress of being with dp on top of the children.

Ellisandra Sat 24-Jun-17 09:56:29

Why isn't your ex doing more with his children? That would give you a break.

Your boyfriend working isn't a good reason not to raise his own baby. He should be getting up at 05:00 (he can go to bed early) so that you get 2 hours catch up sleep in the morning. He gets an early start but a full night. You get an interrupted night but you don't have to be sharp for work and can at least have that catch up.

Why is his ex blocking access?

HildaOg Sat 24-Jun-17 11:45:24

Why is the ex blocking access?

TheNaze73 Sat 24-Jun-17 12:35:36

Ex's blocking access when people move on is all too common. Putting their own bitterness over the child's welfare is disgraceful. Good luck in court

RunRabbitRunRabbit Sat 24-Jun-17 17:20:29

Your title doesn't match the post. How is he bringing constant stress to your life? You stay that being with him puts you on the edge of a panic attack. What's really going on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now