Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to go NC?

(3 Posts)
Namechange2837 Fri 23-Jun-17 17:05:56

After some recent soul searching I've decided to go NC with my father. I won't go into the ins and outs but basically he was an awful and abusive parent and I haven't had a father - daughter relationship with him since I was about 10 (now 30).
He lives in another country so I only see him roughly every 3 years, however he has my contact number and occasionally gets in touch to feign interest in my life.
I have decided after speaking to DH that I want to go NC - even the minimum contact I have with him now causes me stress and anxiety, and I don't want him in mine or my children's life (expecting DC1 soon).
Now, I just don't know how to go about cutting contact. Do I just stop replying to messages etc? Do I just come out with it and tell him? I think it would upset him, and despite my feelings, I still don't want to hurt him. I feel pretty confused about how to go about something like this!
Thanks in advance for any advice.

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 23-Jun-17 17:11:24

outofthefog.website/what-to-do-2/2015/12/3/no-contact

The above link may be useful to you.

He has never really given you any due consideration whatsoever so I would not worry at all about supposedly upsetting him. You have those feelings anyway because you are a kind person.

The "well we took you to Stately Homes" thread on these pages may well be helpful to you as well.

Namechange2837 Fri 23-Jun-17 17:12:35

Thanks Atilla ♥

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now