Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

unresolved paranoia over another woman and my partner

(3 Posts)
user1486956786 Fri 23-Jun-17 05:31:43

She started working for him a year ago and I believe at the time I had justified reasons as to why i had bad feeling about her (although he disagrees), but that was a while ago now and I know I need to get over it, but I can't, quite!

I have no reason to believe anything happened, just reason to believe she did have a crush on him at the start. It's not that I don't trust my partner, but I think once you've read mumsnet etc I think many of us know so many people do cheat and don't get caught and so scared it has happened to me!

I don't obsess over it or even think about it often, but sometimes have bad dreams about it??? (Like last night, hence posting). I think it's safe to say the issue is now with me, and I just want to be able to happily forget it completely!

I don't really know what I expect from you all to say, just hoping I'm not the only one. I know I may sound a bit mad. 😂

Neutrogena Fri 23-Jun-17 05:54:05

Normal human emotion. Don't worry, you're not mad.
However; don't act on it or mention it unless you want to kill your relationship.

HildaOg Fri 23-Jun-17 10:01:18

Why are you paranoid? Does he give her too much attention? Flirt with her? Enjoy her flirting with him? Spend to much time outside work with her? Listen to her problems? If he does those things then you're not paranoid, if he doesn't then you are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now