Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Tinder and swipebuster

(15 Posts)
Cheatingbastardgit Wed 21-Jun-17 10:06:34

Has anyone paid for swipebuster to check on someone on tinder? I'm suspecting that my partner has been secretly using his tinder account for the last month after seeing some comments in Facebook made to friends that he doesn't know I've seen. I want to see for myself what his profile says and when he was last on there before I confront him. It says 8.11 usd to pay via PayPal, would there be extra charges or does PayPal just take out the uk equivalent. I don't want to join tinder to look him up myself as I don't want to be seen and haven't got the time to set up false Facebook/ emails to go on tinder anonymously.

Cheatingbastardgit Wed 21-Jun-17 18:01:44

Anyone?

Mrsemcgregor Wed 21-Jun-17 18:15:58

I've never been charged extra for doing a foreign currency payment on PayPal, but you don't get the most favourable exchange rate. Not that it makes a real difference on small amounts.

forumdonkey Wed 21-Jun-17 18:16:45

By the time you've paid, signed up you may have well just set up another FB account and sign up to Tinder through that one. A least you know you're not going to get scammed and it's not costing you a penny.

charlyn Wed 21-Jun-17 18:28:46

Have you got a friend who has tinder who could help or someone on here?
Although I dont know how tinder works exactly and what you can see.

Cheatingbastardgit Wed 21-Jun-17 18:47:18

Just worried he might be online at the same time and see me. I did try setting up a false Facebook profile but it wouldn't let me open the tinder app and I couldn't work out what I'd done wrong. Might try again from a laptop tonight. I'm pretty sure he's spending every evening on there when he isn't seeing me but I want to be sure. Does tinder list when someone rejoined?

user1498060624 Thu 22-Jun-17 12:04:01

Thats so shitty, sorry you go through this. I would try to do it with a second fb account or like someone else suggested by using a friend's Tinder account. Once I caught my ex-boyfriend on Tinder because his phone was lying next to me and he received a Tinder notification when he asked me to pass on the phone to him. I was SO hurt you have no idea! Eventually he said he was there just for self-esteem and to see if girls would like him. I felt so so sad, but forgave him!

Cheatingbastardgit Thu 22-Jun-17 13:25:53

Nothing active on there but I know for sure he used a tinder account On Tuesday. Seems to have been deliberately removed or maybe he has a second Facebook account with a variation of his name.

Girlywurly Thu 22-Jun-17 14:19:29

Why don't you just end it? Sounds like you don't like him much, and you certainly don't trust him, so...?

Your username says it all really. No need to lower yourself to snooping surely?

SparklyMagpie Thu 22-Jun-17 16:34:38

Agree with Girlywurly if you knew he was on it tuesday, what more do you need to know? If you'd go to the lengths of paying some app ( have never heard of it ) to try and find out then theres no point continuing and you'll always doubt

Walk away OP

FlyingElbows Thu 22-Jun-17 17:04:48

Op, this isn't how good relationships go. If you're having to become your own secret detective agency then your relationship is dead in the water (whether he's cheating or you're paranoid).

Cheatingbastardgit Fri 23-Jun-17 18:11:21

It's definitely over but to protect myself financially, I want definite proof before I walk.

2late2 Fri 23-Jun-17 18:14:04

I've used it. Found my now ex on there. I was 200 miles away so couldnt check tinder itself. He'd used it before and insisted it was an error and an old account but I contacted them and they said it wasn't. Ex then hit the roof, got aggressive and blocked me. Draw your own conclusions.

SparklyMagpie Fri 23-Jun-17 18:38:14

How do you posters who have used it know its legit? Curious as never heard of it or would use it

Girlywurly Fri 23-Jun-17 18:46:21

How would it protect you financially to have proof? Would the shame of discovery make him more likely to hand over more in a breakup?

Are you married OP? You know that fault in a divorce has no bearing on how marital assets are subsequently divided, right?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now