Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Will he change?

(13 Posts)
fluffinhell Tue 13-Jun-17 19:40:25

I recently posted on here about how fed up I am and how my partner drives me insane. He does have some narcissistic traits, and they are hard to cope with.

I sat him down and told him how I feel, taken for granted, fed up of doing what he wants all the time, sick of his moods etc etc. He told me he understood and he would change...

On sat it was my sons birthday we were having a party. He didn't move off the sofa all day. He didn't help.i asked him to find the charger for the speaker, he didn't, I asked him to put the gazebo up, he didn't (we didn't use the gazebo) he sat there all day while I rushed around like a mad woman!! He kept nodding off!! I haven't spoke to him about it cos now I just feel that all I say falls on deaf ears.

Tonight I had world war3 with my son and I called him crying cos I'd had a blazing row with my boy and felt upset. He went somewhere else for an hr before coming home, why? I needed him. I find out he went to his mums empty house to sort the mail etc when I'd called him in a state!!

Does he really not get how his behaviour seems or is it me?

Aquamarine1029 Tue 13-Jun-17 19:50:03

It's not you. And he will not change.

PacificDogwod Tue 13-Jun-17 19:50:56

Yes, he will change.
For the worse.

Run for the hills!

ImperialBlether Tue 13-Jun-17 19:52:37

If he does change it won't be for the better. He's bloody useless, isn't he? Is your son his, too?

Shoxfordian Tue 13-Jun-17 21:34:51

He won't change
Ltb

AdalindSchade Tue 13-Jun-17 21:36:02

Why do you think he will change?

Bluerose27 Tue 13-Jun-17 21:46:28

No he won't change. Why would he? He gets everything you give him and has to give you nothing in return

Doublejeopardy Tue 13-Jun-17 21:58:43

My mum once told me never try to change a man you are fighting a losing battle. She was right

He won't change

May50 Tue 13-Jun-17 22:02:41

He will not change. That's what I have learned over the years (of failed relationships).
He will not change.

thereallochnessmonster Tue 13-Jun-17 22:03:36

No. He's showing you what he's like and what he cares about (and it isn;t you, or your ds.)

JoJoSM2 Tue 13-Jun-17 22:28:09

To me it also looks like he's just not interested in anything to do with your son.

fluffinhell Wed 14-Jun-17 09:25:40

It's just shocked me that I can sit down and tell him how I feel like a single parent and how I'm doing everything and then he can say he will try and doesn't wanna lose me and on two separate occasions he just isn't interested. Made me open my eyes a bit!

Patchouli666 Wed 14-Jun-17 09:40:47

Is this worse recently? Had he always been like this? Just wondering if he could have depression. The not bothering, saying he doesn't wasn't to lose you though but when called on to help, sleeping or retreating into himself. Doesn't strike me as a happy man

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: