Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

should i take this seriously

(8 Posts)
blueflower30 Mon 12-Jun-17 15:45:49

Hello. I am with DP for two years but the last few months the arguments are frequent. The main reasons are, him can not accept any opinion that doesnt match his and i can not accept his insults anymore and i answer back to him. He is emotionally abusive and he takes his anger out on things like hitting the table etc. Now he came up with the idea that the reason for the arguments is that i plot against him and i want to make him leave. I am unhappy and i want out but certainly i dont plot anything and the arguments are mostly down to his attitude and ideas. He told me that if i plot anything against him he will crash me to the ground and he will find a way to revenge. He said that he knows all my weaknesses and he will use them against me . He also said that he doesnt want me to get him to that point. All that it sounds at least mental and i am not sure if i should take it seriously or how to proceed. He is always bragging how he is a "big man" and "alpha male" and "everyone is scared of him" but the reality is that most of it is in his mind only. Its terrible to say for my partner but thats the truth. However he is aggressive , rages very easy, threatens often and hitting things when he is angry.For sure there is no love in even thinking like this .

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 12-Jun-17 15:51:47

He has a problem with anger, your anger when you call him out on this behaviour of his. He is an inadequate bully who uses words against you to keep you there and fists against inanimate objects; it is now but a small leap into hitting you also. What you cite here from him are all examples of domestic violence within the home.

I would seek the help of Womens Aid today on 0808 2000 247 and plan your exit from this abusive relationship.

cakecakecheese Mon 12-Jun-17 16:40:24

Yes please get away from this horrible abusive bully.

Have you got any friends and family who can help you? I also agree about contacting Women's Aid.

HappenedForAReisling Mon 12-Jun-17 16:43:55

In answer to your question, Yes. Yes you should take it seriously.

It sounds like he's just waiting for a chance to justify (in his warped mind) physically hurting you.

Adora10 Mon 12-Jun-17 16:45:41

The mere fact he is threatening you is bad enough, what a horrible way to speak to your so called partner and loves one, just horrible, why wait and see, he's bad enough OP.

SweetChickadee Mon 12-Jun-17 16:49:31

He's a big man and everyone's scared of him?

What a knobber. He sounds about 15

BengalPrint Mon 12-Jun-17 16:49:56

So sorry to hear what you're going through, you need to leave asap as won't get any better.

flowers

hellsbellsmelons Mon 12-Jun-17 17:17:42

Please call Womens Aid 0808 2000 247
They can help you with a safe exit plan.
Also call 101 and report the threats to the police.
You need it all on record.
Please get away from him as soon as you safely can.
Do you have family or friends close by?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now