Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sometimes grey stone is hard

(8 Posts)
Tearsoffrustration Sat 10-Jun-17 11:18:22

Ex sent me a message, while drunk, which shows he thinks I hold a lot of resentment towards him (while also trying to make a joke)

I really don't - yes I do find him annoying but I have no ill will towards him.

Part of me wants to tell him this however I know that there's no point entering into a dialogue.

I just hope he doesn't say anything about it at handover

AndBandPlayedScotlandTheBrave Sat 10-Jun-17 14:52:07

But it doesn't mean anything, does it? Throw an insult at you and then be dismissive about it: this is all about him and nothing to do with you. He was just stroking his ego at your expense thinking you are an easy target.

while drunk ... Does not require a response.

If he brings it up, I would be inclined to say, "I don't know what you are talking about." Repeat a la stonewall.

Tearsoffrustration Sat 10-Jun-17 16:18:27

It isn't all about him - as always!

He said he didn't remember sending it hmm

Tearsoffrustration Sat 10-Jun-17 16:19:05

*is all about him

AndBandPlayedScotlandTheBrave Sat 10-Jun-17 19:15:32

<<must remember to tuck in pinky finger to avoid premature posting>>

Grey stone is also a mechanism of Fake It Til You Make It. Perhaps you need a "Don't Care Bear" to stop giving him so much head space. Administrative contact regarding the dc only. Everything else hits the Teflon and slides right off, sharpish.

AndBandPlayedScotlandTheBrave Sat 10-Jun-17 19:16:29

And my prepost disappeared! biscuit

Tearsoffrustration Sun 11-Jun-17 15:37:33

I think mumsnet should start making a 'don't care bear' 😀

I don't usually react but I thinks he sees my indifference as distain.

AndBandPlayedScotlandTheBrave Sun 11-Jun-17 20:05:45

Stop thinking about what he thinks. His thoughts are now irrelevant and Nunya Bizness. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now