Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Some advice please

(13 Posts)
GEMSNOVELLA20 Tue 06-Jun-17 23:02:22

My partner of 5 years said to me that all men cheat thats the reality of it but then he said he wouldnt cheat but hes a man so what makes him different if hes claiming every man cheats and its man nature? Then when i said to him so is there a possibility you will in the future he said who knows its life he did not reply properly..i then said how can i trust you fully knowing that he said u have to trust thsts what relationships are about im so confused??

iamreginaphalange Tue 06-Jun-17 23:07:01

Mmmm.... I'd think very carefully about that and maybe re evaluate your relationship?

Lunagirl Wed 07-Jun-17 01:19:46

He sounds like a real tool.

Aquamarine1029 Wed 07-Jun-17 01:47:03

It seems to me he's already cheated. I'd bet money on it.

FritzDonovan Wed 07-Jun-17 03:23:36

Agree with aqua. And if by some chance he hasn't (although it sounds like he has), he's given you warning that if the opportunity presents itself, he expects to. As all men do. But because you should just trust him, you should be fine with not knowing.

Plunkette Wed 07-Jun-17 04:24:50

Not all men cheat.

I'd have serious concerns about trusting any man that stated that as fact.

My feeling would be that he's either cheated in the past or is setting up a situation for the future so that he can say "I warned you".

You are worth more. You are worth an honest man who values your trust and

Shoxfordian Wed 07-Jun-17 05:32:01

He's not right

He's trying to change your expectations so that when he cheated he can say he told you he would!

Ltb

Barbaro Wed 07-Jun-17 07:53:13

I kind of think he is more trying to convince you that only he is the trustworthy man in the world and you can't leave him because of that because you will be cheated on by another man. Is he controlling in other areas of your relationship?

TheNaze73 Wed 07-Jun-17 07:54:20

Listen to what he's saying.

There's a big difference between I think most men cheat & all men cheat as a statement of fact.

He's trying to justify something that could happen in the future.

I think he's probably saying that given the chance, with opportunity etc & no one finding out, a lot of men would cheat but, he cannot categorically say all.

FetchezLaVache Wed 07-Jun-17 07:56:38

What Plunkette said. Every word.

noego Wed 07-Jun-17 08:23:43

Real men that have integrity, dignity, a sense of loyalty, commitment, honesty, truthfulness and dedication don't cheat.
Twats on the other hand, they will and they do.

Changedname3456 Wed 07-Jun-17 13:30:14

"While percentages of extramarital sex (EMS) vary from study to study, it can be estimated that 50-60% of married men and 45-55% of married women engage in extramarital sex at some time or another during their marriage..."

So it's about as statistically likely that you'll cheat on him as it is that he'll cheat on you. And no, not "all men cheat" - I haven't. My ex wife did though.

I believe I have enough integrity that I'd end a relationship if I found myself getting so attracted to someone else that it was likely I'd want to act on it. I've had opportunities before and not taken them.

FritzDonovan Wed 07-Jun-17 22:15:47

Where did that statistic come from, Changed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now