Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to cope with not understanding?

(10 Posts)
AristotlesArmy Sun 04-Jun-17 22:48:57

What do you do when someone close to you, who has known you your whole life, turns on you?

To make things worse, I was abused by my mum and step father so I'm no contact with them and my brother.

One of my mothers aunts has gone completely nuts. Turned really nasty. No reason, was completely out of the blue. Has just decided I'm useless all of a sudden. I've completely cut contact, I learnt the hard way you can't argue and I won't take abuse.

But it's like someone died and I can't wrap my head around it.

springydaffs Sun 04-Jun-17 23:17:40

flowers

Give yourself time. You're in shock - it does pass eventually. Go easy on yourself. You know you didn't deserve this.

Try not to work it out bcs that'll just send you nuts. Do you have people irl you can talk it out with? Writing out your thoughts is helpful ime - don't analyse, just write out what comes.

You may not be able to cry yet - shock does that - but once you can cry, let it out xx

AristotlesArmy Mon 05-Jun-17 08:50:06

I know you're right, I keep telling myself the same thing. I've been battling for the last few years over why my mother was so awful and this has brought it all back to the surface. I just feel numb and sad. My mind can't help but seem to search for reasons...

UsefulEustace Mon 05-Jun-17 09:09:28

Has there been a change in this person's mental health or circumstances?

AristotlesArmy Mon 05-Jun-17 09:21:37

They've moved away to be closer to their husband's family. It's all I can really think of...

springydaffs Mon 05-Jun-17 12:34:00

What happened op? Can you describe the fallout? Xx

AristotlesArmy Mon 05-Jun-17 12:47:30

Basically they just started telling a lot of people, including school teachers etc that I was a terrible parent. It was ignored but eventually I had to get the police involved! It was all very out of the blue!

springydaffs Mon 05-Jun-17 13:13:00

Oh my gosh, that's really unsettling flowers

AristotlesArmy Mon 05-Jun-17 13:25:35

Yep, sorry didn't mean to drip feed. I'm just feeling so damn overwhelmed!

springydaffs Mon 05-Jun-17 13:34:09

Well ime of absolutely outlandish things happening out of the blue.. I just went into shock, massive shock.

Try to be present for yourself. Focus, pace yourself, like in labour, to get through flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now