Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please tell me your experiences!

(9 Posts)
halohalo Sun 04-Jun-17 11:49:31

With mid life crisis and mental breakdowns, anhedonia

I'm desperate to hear of your experiences with your partner going through this

Mainly has there ever been a time when they have said "I don't love you anymore" and it turned out that it was because of depression or a breakdown and you got back together even

Please I just need a daily dose of hope

It's so out of character and out of the blue
He said he was scared he was losing his mind

halohalo Sun 04-Jun-17 12:03:26

Anyone please I'm feeling so desperate I just need some hope. I'm literally absolutely heartbroken and it's so painful I can't go one like this.

deckoff Sun 04-Jun-17 12:08:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

halohalo Sun 04-Jun-17 12:43:06

It's been a build up of things over months. Maybe years

Work and all sorts

The problem is because he won't tell me exactly what I've done wrong I can't function and I'm overthinking things

He mentions things like he didn't feel appreciated at home but everything he's mentioning to me so far is things that a normal family go through under the stress of raising a family. I'm not perfect.

I just want the pain to stop
I feel I'm being blamed for everything but something's telling me not to believe everything he's blaming me for

deckoff Sun 04-Jun-17 12:51:01

halohalo Sun 04-Jun-17 13:18:09

No I do understand that I could be clutching at straws

He has said he thinks he's losing his mind though
He's having councilling weekly and he has been placed on the crisis list

So could it still be all because of me is that even possible

halohalo Sun 04-Jun-17 13:18:34

Also how do I get this moved to relationships it's my first time posting

deckoff Sun 04-Jun-17 13:33:17

Heartbroken47 Sun 04-Jun-17 22:04:52

My husband had a breakdown in Dec 15 and said he didn't love me. Had counselling and we had couples counselling, we had a holiday together in May - the first whole week as just ipus since we got together 27 years ago.
He say as he loves me - has apologised for what he put me through and is doing what he can to make it up to me.
This will be a long time before I can feel "safe" again but I hope this gives you some hope
"

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: