Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

friend's ex having a baby with mistress

(2 Posts)
mamma12 Wed 31-May-17 06:38:36

My best friend's ex had an affair with a work colleague 18 years her junior. SHe found out only a year ago and she's been through hell the oast year. She gave up her career in teaching to look after their children and he's reached the top of his career, earning over£60,000 yet has done everything in his power to avoid supporting her (lying about his income, denying the fact he's living with his new girlfriend etc). She's been doing so well lately, finding herself a low paid job and enrolling on a course, dealing with the fact he's behaved like an utter shit (eg introducing the children to his new girlfriend on mothers day and on the same day getting his new girlfrIend to take them shopping to buy a hamster each), the list is endless. Yesterday he casually told her he's now expecting a baby with his new girlfriend and I just don't know what to say or do to support her. Like me shes approaching menopause and is single and the other woman is in her twenties. I feel physical pain for her. She is such a lovely person. Does anyone have any ideas? x

228agreenend Wed 31-May-17 06:44:09

You sound like a great friend. Just be there for her to mop up any tears, and treat her when needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now