Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feeling fragile and wobbly.

(9 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Dawndonnaagain Tue 30-May-17 23:52:39

Back in court soon to renew non mol order. It seems to have brought things back. I knew I wasn't better, I still have nightmares most nights, broken sleep and stupid things bring me up short during the day. Generally though, I thought I was getting more control. Today, all day, I've seen him everywhere. Not really there, just re-living in my head, all of a sudden I'm just there, in a different time and place with him telling me off, or storming away, or whatever. I've spent half the day in tears and hyper-ventilating. Tell me it'll go. Please. Need to be strong for very fragile dd.
Thank you.

Charlotteswigwam Tue 30-May-17 23:55:05

flowers

Dawndonnaagain Wed 31-May-17 00:06:28

Meant to put this in relationships. My head's not working. Apologies.

Thank you Charlotte

OneMillionScovilles Wed 31-May-17 00:10:45

Dawn - it will get easier, but it isn't always linear. You're going through a 'two steps back' period right now, that's all. You're doing really well, both by pursuing the renewed non-mol and by reaching out for support flowers

ShoesHaveSouls Wed 31-May-17 00:20:29

I have a friend whose ex-H is in prison for what he did to her, and she's been so incredibly brave bringing him to justice - but she's going to have to go through this when he gets out. I don't think it's ever going to leave her -she'll never get over it completely, but she is getting stronger - they have children together and he tries to get to her through them. Every time he finds a finds a way to 'get to her' - it brings it all back. It's awful. Sympathy and strength to you, DawnDonna thanks You are not alone. You will get through this - and so will my friend.

Dawndonnaagain Wed 31-May-17 00:28:03

Shoes that's what's happening here too. Nothing obvious, too clever for that, but little upsets. Stupid things, but enough to tip the balance of a day for us. I hope your friend is okay.
Thanks everyone for your support.
Oh, and I've reported and asked for it to be moved!
Doh!

Dawndonnaagain Wed 31-May-17 00:29:04

onemillion you're right. Thank you.

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 31-May-17 11:03:20

We're just moving this one to relationships at the OP's request - all the best, OP flowers

Dawndonnaagain Wed 31-May-17 12:38:09

Thank you, Katherine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now