Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

"I've never tried to come into your room once you put a lock on the door"

(4 Posts)
Charlotteswigwam Tue 30-May-17 23:08:28

For reference, we broke up but circumstances meant we had to continue living together. Before Christmas he went through a phase of trying to get back with me, including coming into the room I had moved to and getting into bed besides me (which then generally led to me asking him to leave, him saying no and trying to cuddle me, and me leaping out of bed and moving to one of the children's rooms). So I fixed a really solid bolt to the door/doorframe. Cut to now when he mentioned it as a sign of how good he is at respecting boundaries. Is it just me thinking you don't get to claim credit for not doing something when you are literally prevented from doing that thing. Sorry. This is a bit of a pointless rant. Just.... gaaaaah.

ImperialBlether Tue 30-May-17 23:09:31

It's like saying, "I haven't tried to molest you ever since you kicked me in the balls and got a restraining order - WHERE'S MY PRIZE?!"

Charlotteswigwam Tue 30-May-17 23:17:08

thanks. He just has a habit of putting things in a really reasonable way that makes me feel unreasonable and then I stop and think NO!

Isadora2007 Tue 30-May-17 23:19:03

No. That's like me saying "I haven't eaten any mars bars since my jaw was wired" as a sign I am in control of my diet!

Tosser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now