Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Think I've been "ghosted"

(9 Posts)
Quicknamechange89x Tue 30-May-17 21:51:56

I've been seeing this guy for three weeks didn't fancy him at all when we first met but I gradually started to like him. He wanted to take me out all the time and come over mine and now all I'm getting is short messages such as "lol" not asking to meet up or anything anymore.
He only lives around the corner so I feel awkward now as we go the same gym and will bump into eachother.
Should I ask him what's wrong? Or just wait it out and block him if he doesn't contact me again.
He briefly met my 7 month old the other day when he woke up from his nap and my mum when she popped round.
Honestly thought he was going to stick around as I felt he was more interested in me but obviously not.

TheNewSchmoo Tue 30-May-17 21:57:21

I've just had exactly the same, after the same period.... Very little replies, hours later and even then a lol or an emoji. I can see what's coming, so I've retained my dignity and told him it's not working for me..... Then deleted all his contacts.

If he's pissing about and game playing this early on, I can't be arsed. I want an adult man, not a kid.

I'm also grumpy and pissed off.

Refilona Tue 30-May-17 21:58:08

Oh god ghosting is just the worst. How coward. If he's going to be immature then be immature too. Tell him you don't think things are working / met someone else / don't have the time for a relationship but would really like to remain friends. Then be super friendly when you see him around. Or just totally ignore him, that would work too.

Ellisandra Tue 30-May-17 22:01:01

That's not ghosting, that's just something a couple of weeks in that is petering out.
You can let it die off, or tell him you're not interested - or stop replying at all.

Quicknamechange89x Tue 30-May-17 22:02:14

God it's driving me insane! If he doesn't text me by tomorrow night I'm jusf blocking I cant be bothered. It's horrible though I just started getting use to having someone around me again.

WhatsGoingOnEh Tue 30-May-17 22:04:43

Next time, pave your relationships really strictly. Three weeks is NOTHING. Ideally you'd have had 3 or 4 dates, max!, with him so far, and not shagged. Let alone seeing him all the time and letting him meet your family.

Pacing relationships is brilliant. You keep your self-control and the man feels priveleged with every step of ground he covers.

I'll get slammed on here for saying that! But I stand by it. Instant-relationships can be the kiss of death.

Chin up! Just vanish now. Be nowhere on the planet to be found. Let him wonder what happened to you -- don't text him or anything. That idiot. His loss. Really.

Quicknamechange89x Tue 30-May-17 22:16:24

Oh I will be much more careful from now on going to give up on the dating for a while and just concentrate on myself and my son.
Still have the urge to text him but I'm not going to angry

Refilona Tue 30-May-17 22:17:32

I know it's probably not your intention but that sounded a little judgemental - so what if they shagged. Shit happens. Op just tell him you've tried your best but can't get used to dating someone so unattractive grin

Tiredbutnotyetretired Tue 30-May-17 22:58:19

Just give him the brush off, get in there first wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now