Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How would you approach this situation?

(4 Posts)
FatBottomedGal Tue 30-May-17 17:09:28

My DP and I have been together for 3 years, both in our early 30s with no kids and moved in together this year.

He's really stressed at work at the moment - huge amount of responsibility, low amount of reward etc. He's currently waiting on a job offer that will hopefully improve everything (right part of the country, right progression and exactly the company he wants to work for!) so we're both biding our time on that I suppose.

The issue is that he never seems to want to have sex at the moment. It went from every night we spent together, down to every few nights (maybe 2 or 3 times a week) down to once a week (much to my dismay) and now it's been 2 weeks since we last had sex. He said when he was drunk a month or so ago that its stress related, but he's shy when it comes to things like this so I find it difficult to tackle. It's also not a deal breaker for me at all if it's temporary, but I just want to know where his heads at! I've tried going to bed in lovely underwear, initiating every few days but get nowhere sad The last time we had sex was pretty...unromantic? I didn't end up feeling massively fulfilled after waiting a week for it!

I don't want to make him uncomfortable or give the impression I'm hugely unhappy, but I don't want to have sex once a fortnight! How would you guys approach this?

TheNaze73 Tue 30-May-17 18:16:46

Be direct and tell him. Sex is the best stress reliever out there!

FritzDonovan Tue 30-May-17 22:33:57

You might be jumping the gun here. He's stressed and you've only had it once a fortnight once at this point? Can you support him with the stress related issues for a bit without putting pressure on? Obv if he's really stressed he's not going to get into the mood easily and you making it clear you're not satisfied won't help right now.

FatBottomedGal Wed 31-May-17 09:19:44

Yeah I don't want to push him at all, I'm providing as much support as possible while we wait for news of the job! We had a chat about it last night (the stress, not the sex ) and it sounds like he's finding it really hard to take his mind off everything and switch off after work. He's got 2 days off now, I'm sending him out to do his favourite hobby and I'm hoping it will chill him out a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now