Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

co-worker

(5 Posts)
user1496086735 Mon 29-May-17 20:53:10

Hi,
The other day at my newish job was a nightmare, this experience was shared with a male co-worker. One who I do admit is very handsome. We both had a very stressful day; he was waiting for me beyond his working time to wait for me and check that I was alright. He gave me a hug and squeeze when he could see I was a little stressed. I am fine with hugs/touch at the workplace (when the time/situation is right) but just wondering if that is the norm for most. Afterwards we walked out of the office and stood chatting for a good 10 mins or more even though he had lots going on that eve. We were mostly chatting about ourselves/lives outside of work. He seemed to enjoy chatting to me even though he had places/things to get to. Also once he gave me some praise and told me that he told the manager about my progress. Also he has helped me out a bit last week. Maybe I am reading a little bit much into it but does it sound like he may be interested?

It is not a big deal either way, I am just curious as to other people’s interpretations really.

Itis6oclocksomewhere Mon 29-May-17 22:12:40

He sounds a supportive colleague but I wouldn't necessarily say he was interested in you.
Is there anything else that makes you think he's interested in you?

Aquamarine1029 Tue 30-May-17 03:56:45

At this point I think you might be reading too much into it. Are you both single? I think you should just continue on in a professional manner and see how things develop.

TheNaze73 Tue 30-May-17 07:27:50

I think he sounds like a supportive colleague based on what you've said. If you want more, I think you'll have to ask him

ElspethFlashman Tue 30-May-17 07:32:10

You are reading too much into it. Colleagues often support each other after nightmarish days. It doesn't mean anything but solidarity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now