Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Not sure what to do

(6 Posts)
Numpty930 Sun 28-May-17 21:16:57

I think I have just broken up with my boyfriend of 5 years. We have both had a stressful year. We've bought our first house together last year and are still renovating it (getting close to the end now). My Dad has been having an affair with a romanian woman and my Mum believes that she cannot afford to leave him. I used to be a daddys girl and Dad being a total moron has hit me hard. To think that someone you trust can do that to do after 20+ years of being together. I work for my dad so work has been tough and with have daily arguements. I am thinking of leaving for another job but its just all this stress has put a massive strain on our relationship. We haven't has sex for a while and we hardly act like a couple so I thought it best to separate. Now I'm not sure whether its what is going on with my parents or that I'm happy in this relationship. Advice is much needed!

Bubblegumfan Sun 28-May-17 21:18:47

What specifically led to you breaking up? Argument? One walked away?

Numpty930 Sun 28-May-17 21:20:37

Sorry, sort of spelling mistake!

'Now I'm not sure whether its what is going on with my parents or that I'm *unhappy in this relationship. Advice is much needed!'

Numpty930 Sun 28-May-17 21:23:37

He got home from work today and I'd cleaned the house top to bottom. He just lay on the couch and said he was tired. After a few minutes he disappeared upstairs. So i went upstairs and he was asleep. So I went downstairs and watch some TV and he came down, made himself some food and left all the washing up for me to do. This usually happens but it is starting to get on my nerves now as his parents used to pick up after him. So i told him it wasn't working and moved his stuff into the spare room.

Moanyoldcow Sun 28-May-17 22:19:32

Do you think the collapse of your parents' marriage has perhaps made his flaws more noticeable?

yetmorecrap Sun 28-May-17 22:22:05

It has to be more than that OP or I'm sure about 75% on here would all be leaving partners ,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now