Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can I live like this? Court forms served

(6 Posts)
blackteasplease Fri 26-May-17 00:27:21

I have been in an ea relationship with stbxh, father of my two dcs aged 8 and 3.

Decision to separate was made Jan 2016. He is now in a serious relationship with another woman since about April 2016 - been on holidays with the kids, she's stayed with his parents etc. He had a short lived relationship before that.

In interests of fairness I should say I had a 6 month relationship from about June 2016 which was not serious (I didn't want it to be) and now ended.

He won't move out so we still live together.

I cant move out locally as nearby and can't afford rent as well as mortgage. He won't agree for me to take dd out of school to live with family until it's sorted and then move near my family (1.5 hours away). Dc would not want me to move out alone and nor would I. School counsellor who dd is seeing stated that I should not move out as her primary bond is to me.

Various mediation etc has happened, to no avail. He wants 50:50 with kids. He also basically doesn't want to ever leave the marital home as emotionally attached to it.

Stbxh decided to stop even talking about how we should proceed earlier this year.

In desparation I had to serve court forms. Had some trouble getting them accepted but children act form has gone through. I had to send form alleging emotional abuse because it is true and I can't give court half truths.

Stbxh now has the forms. But I still have to live with him! He was ea before - what will he be like now?

School have advised him that "arguments" affect dd badly and he simmered down ot this year (but wouldnt discuss anything). This Sunday he shouted at me in front of kids and outside our house becuase of a perceived error on my part (I didn't actuay do anything wrong!).

How do I live with this man now? I'm, quite frankly, scared.

blackteasplease Fri 26-May-17 00:29:14

To be clear, the shouting on Sunday was before he had the forms.

Obviously there have been many other incidents with him for me to call him ea!

DancingLedge Fri 26-May-17 00:33:54

No advice, but I feel for

MyheartbelongstoG Fri 26-May-17 01:12:31

Horrible situation op but well done on getting the forms organised.

If he goes, can you afford to stay in your home?

Florene Fri 26-May-17 01:15:32

Look at getting an occupation order on the house. Ask your solicitor about it.

blackteasplease Fri 26-May-17 01:20:58

I did ask a solicitor at an earlier stage Florene but that said ea wasn't enough.

I am seeing.a.different solicitor soon so will ask again.

I could pay a mortgage on the house but I couldn't buy him out.

I am happy to sell the house. If he had been willing to settle things with me I would have accepted 50:50 of the equity.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: