Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Was this sexual abuse?

(7 Posts)
SleepyHay Sun 21-May-17 17:43:34

This is really hard to write, I haven't told anyone in RL and I'm not sure that I will.

I've been trying to work through some issues I've had with my childhood recently. As a result I've been remembering a lot of things that have happened in the past. When I was about 9ish my older brother, older by just under 2 years, a couple of times put his hand down my knickers and sort of grabbed me. I don't think it was sexual for him as he didn't seem to get off on it, he did it to hurt me. I've got 2 older brothers who used to hit me , mainly in response to my mums violence towards them.

It's really weird that I'd completely forgotten this and I'm not sure what to make of it. Just makes me feel a bit sick and shaky thinking about it. I have no idea what to do.

mathsquestions Sun 21-May-17 17:59:53

I don't know what this was but you clearly haven't forgotten and would be better off speaking to someone in RL to help you through and past this. Good luck

LedaP Sun 21-May-17 18:02:56

Could it be that the older brothers did something similar to him to hurt him?

Tbh it is sexual assault. Even if the intention wasnt sexual. Assault none the less.

It sounds like a very unhealthy household.

SleepyHay Sun 21-May-17 18:18:21

Could have happened to him, I don't really know. We're not exactly close.

My upbringing would definitely not be described as healthy. Thought I was doing well dealing with it until this.

SleepyHay Sun 21-May-17 18:22:17

Thanks for the replies, helps to know that I'm not over reacting.

LottieandMia Sun 21-May-17 18:24:41

Yes it is sexual assault. Sorry you went through this sad btw rape is not sexual - it's violent much like this.

TFPsa Sun 21-May-17 21:09:03

Hard to say. His age must at least partly mitigate. I'm guessing his knowledge of 'the facts of life' would have been at best patchy at this stage? The seriousness of it really depends on a whole bunch of variables.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now