Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Red Flag? He hasn't worked for 18 months?

(13 Posts)
donners312 Sun 21-May-17 11:26:13

I have finally realized who my EXH is with and cannot believe she hasn't clocked onto what sort of person he is.

She is a friend of his from teenage days and he appears to be living with her. She is exactly what i knew he would be preying on - a career woman with a great job, big income, millionaire family background and 3 kids.

So basically he will be taking the kids to school for her while she works her socks off and he will be making her cups of tea and rubbing her feet whilst watching JK all day!! His ideal life!

Surely she must be thinking she has got herself a cocklodger, he hasn't worked for 18 months has seen his kids twice in that time.

what do you think? when will she cop on?

Aquamarine1029 Sun 21-May-17 11:34:29

I think you should stop wasting head space wondering about what your ex-husband is up to. He is HER problem now, not yours.

Doyoumind Sun 21-May-17 11:34:39

Depends how well he plays it, but ultimately although your intentions may be good, just let it go. It doesn't matter. She's old enough to look after herself. He's landed on his feet for now. That's annoying but getting annoyed about it is of no benefit to you. Concentrate on yourself and your life free of him.

donners312 Sun 21-May-17 11:35:47

God yes you are both so right - it really doesn't matter although i do feel sorry for her it's not my problem. thanks

GriefLeavesItsMark Sun 21-May-17 12:51:49

tbhI would be too pissed off that he has landed on his feet to feel sorry for her.

robinia Sun 21-May-17 12:55:00

If she's happy with him being a sahd for her kids then it's not a problem.

LedaP Sun 21-May-17 12:55:02

Its not uncommon for women to get with someone rich and not work.

No one feels sorry for the man then.

He is your ex for a reason, she may be happy with the set up. She may not be.

But stop giving them head space.

TheNaze73 Sun 21-May-17 14:11:23

I think it's up to them & has nothing to do with you

Winniethepooer Sun 21-May-17 14:13:28

Move on.
Be glad your rid of him!

anon1987 Sun 21-May-17 19:34:57

Have they actually moved in together or is that your worry, that he may well move in, live comfortably and be a sahd?

If I was in your situation I'd be fuming, ready to bury the sod.

It all depends on how much of a mug she is. I highly doubt he'll make a great step dad considering he hasn't bothered with his own children. I doubt it will take her long once the honeymoon phase is over.

Changedname3456 Sun 21-May-17 22:15:35

Either the set up suits her too, and they'll live happily ever after, or she'll work it out for herself. She's not dumb if she's as successful as you suggest. Either way, it's nothing that concerns you anymore.

I'm sorry he's not seeing his dc. That is definitely your concern - but only in how to best minimise impact to them.

donners312 Mon 22-May-17 13:33:25

The only reason I feel sorry/worried for her is because he emptied our bank accounts and also stole expensive watches etc used my credit cards illegally etc from me so he is borderline con man/thief??

But yeah if she is happy with that set up of course it's up to her just be surprised if he was any use to her, never helped with his own children.

I just wondered if she will wake up one day soon and wonder why he doesn't get a job surely her family and friends must see him for what he is. She is a lovely girl from what i know of her.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Mon 22-May-17 13:35:25

Unless he has a gold penis I wouldn't give it much time. .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now