Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sexual attraction to men, but emotional attraction to women?

(8 Posts)
MillionMiles Fri 19-May-17 23:58:38

Does this make me bi?

ParmaViolets17 Sat 20-May-17 00:00:08

Curious about this because I have the same. I think. What does emotional attachment mean for you?

Routista Sat 20-May-17 00:29:18

I am the same too.
For me emotional attachment means that I want to be with that person all the time and being with them is preferable to being with the person I have sexual attraction/attachment to (ie a man.)

WaitingYetAgain Sat 20-May-17 01:10:32

I don't know. Would you want to be sexually intimate with a woman?

Do you get attached to a man emotionally if you find him sexually attractive?

I think I'm the other way. I don't find most men primarily sexually attractive. Boyfriend/partner-wise, I'd get attracted to their personality and emotionally bond with then and then become sexually attracted to them through that. I never look at them and think phwoar. It sort of grows on me due to a deep emotional connection.

Women-wise, I find women's bodies way more attractive. I notice women and find boobs and curves very head-turning. So attraction for me to a woman would start from physical attraction and then fancying their personality/clicking. I haven't had a relationship with a woman yet. I got close to it twice and that was through deep bonding with best-friend types but I was in a relationship with a man at the time and so nothing came of it.

LallanasInPyjamas Sat 20-May-17 13:03:53

Possibly.. does it extend to physical attraction?

Rainybo Sat 20-May-17 15:08:20

Yes, probably. As other posters have said, there are various manifestations of this though. I would describe myself as bi and I am sexually attracted to both men and women, but I prefer emotional relationships with men.

LostMyDotBrain Sat 20-May-17 15:12:55

I'm sort of the other way around. I only really get emotional attachment to men but am sexually attracted to both. I consider myself bi but get funny looks when I explain (on request, not just for the hell of it) that I don't see myself settling down with a woman.

NotTheFordType Sat 20-May-17 16:09:52

It sounds like you are heterosexual and homoromantic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now