Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I DID NOT make him drive home

(19 Posts)
Iamnotresponsible Fri 19-May-17 00:33:20

NC as I don't want this associated with my usual name.

He stormed out after a couple of glasses of wine and got in his car. He said 'it's your fault I'm risking my license'.

No! It's not! It's YOUR decision! You could have called a taxi! I will NOT be held responsible for decisions YOU have made!

It's taken me a long time to get to this point. I'm NOT going back.

BorisTrumpsHair Fri 19-May-17 00:54:36

Of course you are completely right. Don't engage with his blame games.

MooMooCat Fri 19-May-17 00:57:21

Twat, you're well rid.

flumpybear Fri 19-May-17 00:58:56

You're right, he's wrong - hope you're ok flowersgin

OxanyLoxy Fri 19-May-17 01:00:13

It's his responsibility. Nothing to do with you

GoldfishCrackers Fri 19-May-17 01:00:49

Course you didn't. He just likes causing a drama and making other people feel responsible. With any luck the worst that happens is he loses his licence

BuggersMuddle Fri 19-May-17 01:13:46

Pillock. Well rid OP.

And no not your fault at all. Did you live together?

Iamnotresponsible Fri 19-May-17 01:19:58

No we don't live together.
No ties.
Had an abusive marriage which i escaped from.
Not even taking the chance with a slightly pale pink flag, because we all know the red flag is following close behind. angry

SandysMam Fri 19-May-17 01:20:33

Idiot! If I were you I would have phoned the police and reported him. Hope he hasn't killed himself or anyone else! He sounds awful, LTB!

SandysMam Fri 19-May-17 01:21:05

He's an idiot...not you!

iogo Fri 19-May-17 01:22:09

I'd call the police with his reg if I had it. Fucking hate drink drivers. What a twat.

Good on you OP. He's a wankbadger.

Iamnotresponsible Fri 19-May-17 01:23:56

Sorry, that didn't make a lot of sense....

I escaped from the abusive marriage, stayed single a while, dated for a bit, then met this guy.

Ive fallen into the 'easy target' trap again haven't I? Xxx

VimFuego101 Fri 19-May-17 01:51:48

YANBU. If he'd gone to the pub and planned on drinking, why did he bring his car?

PyongyangKipperbang Fri 19-May-17 02:02:08

That isnt a pink flag, its a fucking scarlet one. And it isnt the drink driving its the "YOU MADE ME........."

We make them shout
We make them break plates
We make them throw things
We make them hit us.....

Its amazing isnt it, how men who are in such control the rest of the time can be "made" to do such things. Shame they cant be made to realise what pathetic loathsome abusers they are and to take ownership of their own actions.

Its him, not you.

PyongyangKipperbang Fri 19-May-17 02:05:25

Iamnot

You have not fallen into the trap because you have fucked him off. Abusers often start with "small" stuff like this to see what you will take. If you take him back then he would ramp it up a level, as you know, until you are back in a full on abusive live in relationship. But the fact that you have dumped his sorry ass (dont forget to mention that if he gets in touch) says that you wont take it.

The sad thing is that he will find some other poor woman who wont have the knowledge you have and will fall for it sad

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 19-May-17 02:14:42

Ive fallen into the 'easy target' trap again haven't I?

Exactly the opposite. There's a LOT of these men around and they test people. With jealousy and making things our fault and testing our trust while ignoring our boundaries.

And you clocked him! Excellent work.

ToesInWater Fri 19-May-17 02:38:08

You know you're right. Stay strong!

GoldfishCrackers Sat 20-May-17 22:15:06

Well done OPsmile. Abusers test our boundaries, then get worse and worse. You've put up a strong boundary and he'll have to move along.

magoria Sat 20-May-17 22:22:32

No.

You have learned and know this is not your fault, not your responsibility and not acceptable.

Not such an easy target.

Stay strong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now