Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What would u make of this txt? Before I kick off!!

(61 Posts)
Gigi789 Wed 17-May-17 16:02:26

Hi, I'd be interested to hear what people would think of this, sent to DP by someone I'm pretty sure is attracted to him. For context it's about 2 years old (he had it filed, probably inadvertently as he's a bit of a technophobe hence the basic device) To me it says 'u tried it on with me but we're still cool and I'm sorry I said the things I did when u tried it on and I rebuffed u'. I'd also guess it's a response to his original apology txt. Don't read anything into the Wednesday comment, they would be in the same building every weds and Friday.

Nottalotta Wed 17-May-17 16:06:00

I'd think the same as you.

yep agree,, she's tried it on with him and got a knockback and now she wants to make sure he will still be her friend!

Adora10 Wed 17-May-17 16:09:10

How do you come to that conclusion OP?

Kennethnoisewater Wed 17-May-17 16:10:09

Yeah, I'd be going mad at that.
He's done 'something' and it's 'something' she obviously didn't like/wasn't cool with. In that situation I'd be calling her first, getting the truth and then confronting my partner to see if he attempts to lie his way out of it....

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 17-May-17 16:11:31

I'd interpret it as you have. However, he clearly did turn down whatever was offered didn't he?

Is there necessarily anything to "kick off" about? Unless, of course, I've missed something crucial!

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 17-May-17 16:12:52

Oh right! I definitely did miss something!

I thought DP had sent the message, rather than received it!

That really does cast a different shadow.

Gigi789 Wed 17-May-17 16:14:09

Thanks for the responses. @Adora10 'I'm sorry too' would imply that she's already received an apology. The freaking out lol bit would imply that he tried it on or at least hinted. I admit without knowing the people involved it's hard but would be interested if u can give me any other explanation.

pudding21 Wed 17-May-17 16:14:56

I recently split from a LTR, and after a couple of months a friend lunged at me and tried to kiss me. I like him as a friend (not so much anymore) but his gf was 2 weeks from giving birth so obviously I wasn't going to go there and pushed him away.

He sent me a message later that night saying sorry. To which I replied "its ok, I am cool".

Sounds like a similar thing happened here.

moreshitandnofuckingredemption Wed 17-May-17 16:16:28

Wha'?
It sounds to me like they had a disagreement about something and they're making up. As in, he's shouted at her, she's shouted back.

Adora10 Wed 17-May-17 16:17:08

It could be about anything, not necessarily him making a pass or am I also missing something???

SandyY2K Wed 17-May-17 16:17:24

I don't see anything to kick off about, except I wouldn't be pleased he addressed her as 'sweet', because it's a term of affection to me.

bibbitybobbityyhat Wed 17-May-17 16:17:26

Were you actually with your DP at that time?

Adora10 Wed 17-May-17 16:19:13

This is from the girl, not the OPs OH.

Allabitmuchisntit Wed 17-May-17 16:20:24

It could well be nothing.
Have you looked to see if there are any other texts?

Gigi789 Wed 17-May-17 16:21:38

I haven't done anything yet, I'm certainly not calling her, funnily enough she's always given me bad vibes and thinks she's gods gift. I wont be giving either of them the satisfaction. I know what it says and that's enough. Thanks for the reassurance I'm not jumping to conclusions.

Fragglez Wed 17-May-17 16:22:17

Does sound a bit dodgy, but could it be talking about a practical joke that scared her? Jumping out or fake spider in the desk or something and she overreacted?

If she fancies him and is overt enough that you have noticed why would she turn him down?

Gigi789 Wed 17-May-17 16:25:03

the other texts (and it is only 4 texts over the 2 year period) were just general ones. They wouldn't need to communicate by txt tho, in same building every weds and fri.

TokenGinger Wed 17-May-17 16:25:11

Work colleagues?

My first interpretation was they'd had a disagreement and he's probably flipped. Then text and apologised, and she's said sorry too.

Not sure I'd like her calling him sweet. Unless she means, "Alright sweet" as in sweet, that's sorted.

SandyY2K Wed 17-May-17 16:25:44

Just reread and it's from your DP. To me it's not conclusive proof that he tried it on, but there was obviously a disagreement about something.

Although the 'freaked me out' comment is a bit suspect.

TokenGinger Wed 17-May-17 16:26:49

I beg to differ OP, I think you are jumping to conclusions. But there are clearly insecurities there that would make you think he'd be up to something, which is what you should probably address.

Gigi789 Wed 17-May-17 16:29:13

@Fragglez it's not a practical joke, not really his thing.

Oh sorry, thought your DP sent it. Hm, that puts a different spin on things then, dodgy!

Adora10 Wed 17-May-17 16:31:42

OP is this from her or your DP, folk seem confused, me included now.

RedSkyAtNight Wed 17-May-17 16:31:44

I also read it as they'd had a minor disagreement or perhaps a misunderstanding. Wouldn't have thought about it being in response to him trying it on . ..mainly because I can't conceive of trying to "fix" something like that via text!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now