Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ended a two year relationship

(11 Posts)
Busybee233 Mon 15-May-17 16:09:22

I know it's for the best he lives with me and my family. I feel lost and lonely I loved him but I wasn't happy. I changed for him he wouldn't for me he was one giant child I did everything. I need to stay positive and not go back

Busybee233 Mon 15-May-17 17:45:02

I don't no what to feel I'm upset I miss him actually I just miss the good times the very few good times he was so controlling

Busybee233 Mon 15-May-17 17:54:06

I'm now crying in the bath regretting but I know I can't keep being controlled by him and that not everything is my fault

You've done the right thing OP. I was in a controlling relationship for 18 years. It's the pits. You will miss him. But you will quickly not miss the walking on egg shells to try to make everything ok. Stay strong. 💐

Busybee233 Mon 15-May-17 18:47:59

I have a holiday in two weeks he's not coming and I can't wait to be away as I know realistically he will be here for a while

Enjoy your holiday 🍦🍷🍸🍾🏊🏻‍♀️

Busybee233 Mon 15-May-17 22:19:06

I will it's only in England so nothing to exciting we had a big chat earlier this evening I've said I'm going alone atleast for the 1st half I can't see things changing nothing has so far but if he wants to come meet he can later in the week

Busybee233 Mon 15-May-17 22:19:33

As he's booked the week of work and it's his holiday to

Busybee233 Tue 16-May-17 08:05:30

He was sick last night so I had to look after him and put him in my bed I feel so conflicted

ShatnersWig Tue 16-May-17 08:31:33

OP: at 16.09 you said this: "I need to stay positive and not go back"

OP: at 17.54 you said this: "I know I can't keep being controlled by him"

OP: at 18.47 you said this: "I have a holiday in two weeks he's not coming and I can't wait to be away"

OP: at 22.19 you said this: "I've said I'm going alone at least for the 1st half I can't see things changing nothing has so far but if he wants to come meet he can later in the week"

Within the space of a few hours you'd done from ending it and needing to stay positive and not go back, to inviting him to come on half your holiday with you.

You said at the beginning he lives with you. I assume this means it's your house or rental. In which case, no, he does not need to "realistically be here for a while", you can kick him out and regain your life and that of your family without having a controlling shit around.

Time to get strong as you seemingly were yesterday afternoon. Otherwise you'll just be back here again in a couple of weeks doing the same thing again. And a few weeks after that...

FeedMeAndTellMeImPretty Tue 16-May-17 09:30:44

You sound a bit conflicted BusyBee - putting him to bed?! Is he 6? He is still controlling you - have you ever been so ill that another adult has to put you in their bed and look after you? I know I haven't.

Sounds like he is messing with your resolve. FGS don't let him come on your holiday - you will spend the first half of it waiting for his arrival and the last half being at his beck and call being controlled.

You've already done the hard part, deciding that this relationship is not good enough for you. Reread your first post and try to remember why you finished it in the first place. Do you want to talk about some of the things which have led you here? You will get lots of support on here if you are open to people's advice and tough love.

If now is not the time, then know that there are people here night and day who have been through similar and can empathise with you so when you are truly ready to hear the truth and to be supported in getting free of this man you will have people on your side flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now