Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to let go of the past

(1 Post)
tigercub50 Mon 15-May-17 13:10:44

I have posted before about my marriage & I am happy to say that things are a lot lot better. However, I have unfortunately just had an argument with DH & he says that I don't want things to change because I keep raking up the past. I got resentful because he was basically trying to tell me how I feel (which isn't true, I do of course want things to change & they already are) but I did agree that I do have a tendency to rake up the past. I can't just switch off from those years but I know there is no point rehashing stuff my DH did & as a result him feeling constantly criticised. I would really appreciate any advice as to how I can try not to keep dwelling on bad times & look forward to the good smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now