Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Thank you to all you lovely people!

(15 Posts)
Lifeisabloodysoap Sun 14-May-17 18:40:34

Over a year ago I wrote on this about my ex walking out when I was pregnant leaving me with a 2 year old and due in 4 weeks. Well you all supported me so much through all the crap with him and his parents!

Even though everyday is a struggle with the 2 kiddies I can say I'm still doing it! I have just been accepted for a mortgage on the family home on my own! He has just signed it over to me!
If it wasn't for you all being there for me when it got hard I would probably still be trying to appease him!!

Secretlife0fbees Sun 14-May-17 18:43:46

Congratulations!!! You're an inspiration!! I too wouldn't have left without the support of this board.... it's really a lifeline. flowers

Kittencatkins123 Sun 14-May-17 19:42:12

star smile wine cake gin

purplecoathanger Sun 14-May-17 19:43:58

Bloody good stuff, well done you. flowers

heyday Sun 14-May-17 19:47:04

Well done....wishing you lots of happiness

Rinkydinkypink Sun 14-May-17 19:47:05

flowers so pleased it's working out x

Lifeisabloodysoap Sun 14-May-17 21:18:25

Thanks ladies! There was a few people on here who really made me see te light across the pond was one of them and I just wanted to say thanks smile

FlouncingInTheRain Sun 14-May-17 21:22:13

Good on you. Its a really tough time, mine were 1 and 3 when XH walked. It gets easier as they get older and you find your feet. Emotionally, I get great satisfaction from having taken control too. Nothing beats that sense of love for the DC and control of life.

May life moving forwards go from strength to strength and no one ever reduce you to that level of vulnerability again.

Yoshimistill Sun 14-May-17 21:52:20

OP I recognise your details as we were posting around the same time. Congratulations on the mortgage. Exciting!

keepingonrunning Sun 14-May-17 22:11:05

Great news.
Glad you were able to get your freedom back Secret

springydaffs Sun 14-May-17 23:14:49

Aw that is great news. Blardy WELL DONE you star flowers

FeedMeAndTellMeImPretty Sun 14-May-17 23:58:03

Congratulations Life! That's fantastic for you. MN is a brilliant resource for women and there are so many of us who have got our lives on track after posting on here. Such a lovely thread to come back and say thank you flowers

Notmyrealname85 Mon 15-May-17 00:01:37

A new MN figurehead smile please keep posting to inspire others who are stuck!

Aquamarine1029 Mon 15-May-17 00:38:17

You're living proof that a strong woman can march through hell and come out the other side. I'm so proud and happy for you!

Lifeisabloodysoap Mon 15-May-17 20:32:08

Thanks everyone! It has been very hard but also very rewarding! The hardest part is my son asking for his dad but a year on he hardly ever asks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now