Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Your thought, what would you do

(6 Posts)
ifeeltheneedtheneedforspeed Sun 14-May-17 14:04:08

Things with my husband haven't been good for a few years. Today he called me a fucking idiot while he was holding our toddler. Im angry and upset and not sure how to keep going.

Happybunny19 Sun 14-May-17 14:08:46

It certainly doesn't sound pleasant, but difficult to judge without some context. Can you explain any further? What happened beforehand?

ifeeltheneedtheneedforspeed Sun 14-May-17 14:13:34

We were simply talking about a walk that I would like to do and he didn't believe what I was saying about there being a particular focal point on the walk, so he started to argue with me and raised his voice to call me a fucking idiot right in our child ear.

Allabitmuchisntit Sun 14-May-17 18:17:26

Does he have form for being abusive in this way? So sorry he's called you this.

isitjustme2017 Sun 14-May-17 18:28:17

Thats really rather unpleasant. We can all lose our temper with our partners at times but that sounds like it was over something really trivial.

Does he do this a lot? Could do with more background.

ifeeltheneedtheneedforspeed Sun 14-May-17 19:52:12

I have an old thread from last year - my username then was mummyatacrossroad (help and perspective needed on my marriage) not sure how to link it here. That will help to give a picture. Sadly not much has changed when I wrote that over a year ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now